Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

Today was one of those days when you need to see someone other than the usuals scoring

Burn is a great defender but offensively weak. Botman could really do with a goal soon as well.

Wood was his usual self, you just know its more hope than reliance you'll ever see him scoring.

Trippier's crosses were hot and cold today, although he crossed a few decent ones, overall it was slightly below his usual standard.

Longstaff's habit of skying it when the ball comes to him in or just outside the box on show again today.

Frustrating but still brilliant to be in our position.

Edited by Amir_9

Shooting practice for longstaff on Monday morning. Never looked confident and body shape was all wrong for every shot.

Other than that, just one of them days. We still picked up points and never looked in danger of losing even when having an off day.

Howay the lads and happy new year to all.

5 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

3rd top, undefeated for 12 games and in the QF of the league cup.

This time last New Years Eve people would have said I was mad to have even suggested we would have been in this position. 

I was ill last year on NYE and remember browsing the transfer section on here late on with all the talk of Trippier etc. I was trying to dig out the thread from this time last year, but can't find it, only this one below from Jan 9th and no permission to view the previous edition, but aye, it would certainly be interesting to read that back and see how far we have come in such a short period of time. I guess the last time we drew at home to Leeds about 15 months ago, I wouldn't have even really cared about the result.

45 minutes ago, Pata said:

Think our xG against Palace was ~3 without the perfectly good disallowed goal, we absolutely battered them. Bournemouth was more iffy.

Fair enough. Maybe I’ve wiped a lot of it from my memory. Might just be as they played so high and open. That the opportunities we wasted were amplified. 

58 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You really should take a look in the mirror, dude. You’re MO has been constant complaining for years. So to accuse others of that in this context is a bit of gaslighting. I’d be somewhat shocked if anyone on here expected an optimistic post when they see you’ve posted. Your six forced optimism posts are buried under  200,000 negative ones.

This is gas lighting.  I make negative posts, but I reckon if you read back, you'd see I make a lot more positive posts. 

You've got a bias you need to shake.

Hopefully we have players lined up ready to sign like Trippier last January. Ready to sign early on so we don't waste time. I really want us to sign another striker. We don't know in what form Isak will be and how long ut takes him to get back to his best. Likewise, Wilson is a ticking timebomb in regards to his next injury and I think we just can't rely on Wood as we have previously. 

January is going to be a huge month for us both on and off the pitch. A lot of league games plus 2 cup matches including a quarter final. Fingers crossed, we'll end January still in good and happy mood.

4 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hopefully we have players lined up ready to sign like Trippier last January. Ready to sign early on so we don't waste time. I really want us to sign another striker. We don't know in what form Isak will be and how long ut takes him to get back to his best. Likewise, Wilson is a ticking timebomb in regards to his next injury and I think we just can't rely on Wood as we have previously. 

January is going to be a huge month for us both on and off the pitch. A lot of league games plus 2 cup matches including a quarter final. Fingers crossed, we'll end January still in good and happy mood.

Don't think we can carry three good strikers +Wood when we play one up top.

Don't think there's anything to be annoyed about other than the fact we didn't get what we deserved - no ones watching that game and thinking it was the right result on the balance of the game. 

Poor first half against a team who were willing to put the graft in and a dominant second half where we didn't take our chances. 

The difference between us and the truly top sides is that extra quality in the right areas and we paid for that today, thankfully we can address that from tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

This is gas lighting.  I make negative posts, but I reckon if you read back, you'd see I make a lot more positive posts. 

You've got a bias you need to shake.

You ever wonder how you got this reputation? That would take a little self reflection, so I guess I answered my question. Clown.