Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

Hope he goes quite attacking for this. Isak’s return gives as way more options from the start and from the bench. I hope it’s 2 from ASM, Miggy, Isak playing with Wilson and a midfield of Joelinton, Willock, Bruno. Usual back 5. Even if Isak started, played 45- 60 mins then ASM coming on or coming off thr bench if ASM started. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Pope

Trippier

Schär

Botman

Burn

Willock

Guimarães

Joelinton

Almirón

Wilson

Saint-Maximin

Dúbravka

Manquillo

Lascelles

Lewis

Longstaff

Ritchie

Murphy

Wood

Isak

2-0

Love that the scarf thing is getting a bit of traction and it's being pushed, hate to be a negative nelly though but can't feel that it's going to be anything other than a damp squib. Atmosphere will be great still on Tuesday, but iirc they tried to have a similar thing with scarves in the Championship (Villa at home maybe?) and it was poor then. It was only great at Shearer's testimonial because they handed out a free scarf per seat. The cost of that for an independent fan group though makes that a non starter.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Love that the scarf thing is getting a bit of traction and it's being pushed, hate to be a negative nelly though but can't feel that it's going to be anything other than a damp squib. Atmosphere will be great still on Tuesday, but iirc they tried to have a similar thing with scarves in the Championship (Villa at home maybe?) and it was poor then. It was only great at Shearer's testimonial because they handed out a free scarf per seat. The cost of that for an independent fan group though makes that a non starter.

There were a few games later on that had a similar atmosphere, and I believe they send out scarves for the Portsmouth game which also had a similar feel.

They should be pushing where people can get a scarf from, be if the club shop, Backpage, and I have noticed that People’s Price in Newcastle also has them for sale.

Just now, Stifler said:

There were a few games later on that had a similar atmosphere, and I believe they send out scarves for the Portsmouth game which also had a similar feel.

They should be pushing where people can get a scarf from, be if the club shop, Backpage, and I have noticed that People’s Price in Newcastle also has them for sale.

You’d think if you were a match going fan you’d have at least one club scarf already mind 🙂 

Biggest game in years this. Absolutely buzzing for it. Genuine chance at at least getting to Wembley. Go into it as favourites of course which I'm not sure I'm conformable with.

Feels nice to say the biggest game involves us going for a trophy rather than trying to avoid relegation, and jts bigger than those as tbh, when we were relegated it was shit but we're still playing to come back up and it's one of those, win this and we could actually fucking win a trophy which trumps everything. What a night it'll be

37 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’d think if you were a match going fan you’d have at least one club scarf already mind 🙂 

I've been going for over 50 years and have never bought a scarf, had a couple of freebies off club but haven't a clue what happened to them. Never had a top either. Shoot me eh. 

I am considering buying one on Tues though. 

Let's just take each game as it comes. If the fans are in full voice and the team is the best we can put out, there's no reason why we can't get to the semis.

Whatever happens from there will be another discussion...! Maybe whatever transfer business will kick off after this game? 

2-0 Toon, albeit with a nervy start. 

28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Huge game let’s hope St James wakes up from its flag waving slumber and offers some real vocal support like the old days. That’s what proper support is about and what we used to be famous for.

This. Is. The. Way.