Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United (24/01/2023)

Disco

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Trippier 8 Burn 5?  Woof, that’s harsh on Burn and not anywhere near where I’d have Trippier :) 

Yeah, thought Trippier had some very dodgy moments defensively and he gave the ball away in dangerous areas a few times. Looked shaky.

Just now, David Edgar said:

The Isak assist is insane.  Just everything he does is perfect.  The constant scanning to spot Joelinton.  The timing of the pass.  How he threaded it through a small gap.  Just made the goal all by himself.  Unreal.

Just said in his thread. He's the real deal. A pure killer.

He can't help but score and assist.

Agree with a few points in this thread. I think the team is still putting the effort in but some do seem little bet leggy. Tripps has been only glorious as opposed to his usual mega glorious self the last couple of games, Wilson is a bit off the boil etc. A few tired bodies all round.

If only there was some sort of time period, a window if you will, where fresh energy and quality could be transfered into the team [emoji38]

Also, Isak and ASM both have to be in contention to start now. Both changed the game today.

11 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No game at the weekend may just be a blessing in disguise. Players looked leggy. ASM and Isak swung it back into our favour, both must start next week. 

I agree. We looked tired and the rest this week will be invaluable. 

4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/carabao-cup-2022-23-semi-finals.472613/page-51

Redcafe thread good reading from tonight's game. Love how much they hate us now :lol:

Their fear disguised as confusion about, and hatred towards, our relative success, is kind of the funniest and most satisfying thing i've seen. They even manage to mention shithousing in that thread, almost like they've been force-fed a narrative that only we do it :lol:

2 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Agree with a few points in this thread. I think the team is still putting the effort in but some do seem little bet leggy. Tripps has been only glorious as opposed to his usual mega glorious self the last couple of games, Wilson is a bit off the boil etc. A few tired bodies all round.

If only there was some sort of time period, a window if you will, where fresh energy and quality could be transfered into the team [emoji38]

Also, Isak and ASM both have to be in contention to start now. Both changed the game today.

Good post.

Think the disallowed goal scare was weirdly useful.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is Shay Given on smack? Armstrong has hit the ball with his hand towards the goal. If it doesn't hit his hand, it goes no where near the goal. 

Not heard Given, but I think it's a stupid rule that makes that and Big Joe's disallowed - they both should be allowed. Cos of this recent rule though they're both technically correct.