N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

Man, what a couple of days.

November 2008 was the last time I had been in Newcastle before yesterday. Would have seemed unthinkable back then but that's what the Ashley era did. Can safely say that if this forum didn't exist then I'd have packed NUFC in completely.

Incredible time yesterday, the buzz before the game was immense and as disappointing as it was to lose, I'm so glad I went over and got to be there with you lot for it.

Even today, sitting for a couple of hours in a place as synonymous with NUFC as The Strawberry drinking with Pata, Ameritoon and Blaze and his family. Felt great.

Silver lining of the result is that I'm going to Newcastle for every final until we win one and that means I get to do this again pretty soon.

Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Do you not normally drink back home, or are you just so hardcore that you can just out drink all the Geordies? :lol:

I’d be betting I could out drink any of y’all. Not that I’d wear that as a badge of honor or anything. :lol: 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Meeting folk in the flesh makes me want to change my forum name. I sound like I run a sect.

I always feel the same after a forum meeting like. :lol: Always feel shan because a lot of the time I just continue to know people only by their username as well 

Man I'm relatively new here but that sounds like a grand old time you guys had. Would have loved to have met you although there would have been a few chuckles when a white haired fellow with a Lemmy moustache walked in.

That Mike post, man. Hooooly shit.

:'(

I passed a few of yous near Monument actually, recognising Kaiz but the moment was over too quickly to look further. Looks like a class day, man. I know with my separate plans, everything up to kick-off was perfect and it was all about the love, the social side and bonding with complete strangers. 

It'll go down as a great day, despite the performance.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

At the airport, headed...well, not home. Back to NY.

Admittedly I haven't been many places, but of all the places I've been I've never felt so immediately comfortable and at home as I have from the second I touched down in your incredible city. Even before I got to meet you lovely people on here I was only ever greeted with kindness and respect. Sad to say that it's more than I receive in my nation of birth and has been a bit of an eye opener to how far things in the states has fallen.

Thank you to @BlazeT44 for setting this up, and to every single one of you that contributed to lifelong memories I will cherish forever.

Thank you to everyone that has ever been on this ridiculous forum that fir a very, very long time was the only point of light in a life of darkness. Thank you for sustaining me long enough for me to save myself. I can never repay that.

To everyone I missed out on meeting...next time.

There will absolutely be a next time. I miss it already and I'm just sat in the fuckimg airport.

This week I learned where I live, and where home might be.

just quoted that last line to the missus and she welled up.

I cannot believe that there would exist a day in this life when I would be envious of Mike. :lol: Congratulations Oga on your homecoming! Need to rectify this as soon as possible and get to a match at SJP, was actually in London for the Final, but no ticket in hand. It warms a man's soul to see and hear of this group of NUFC supporters chopping life in unison, despite the poor result on the day. It is mad to think how many minutes, hours, days, and years we have spent posting rubbish on different iterations of this site, really; it will be a beautiful day when all of us are given the reward of seeing this club lift silverware once again.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Proper jealous of my fellow Yanks (and other fellow forrins like Pata and Kaiz) who pulled the trigger and made the trip over. Sounds like a tremendous time, thanks in large part to some terrific hosts.

Feel like it’s time to pull the trigger on a trip over before the end of the season even.