Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Don’t want to go overboard but really excited about Miley, hope he gets some decent minutes this season, more than Anderson did season just gone for example. 

he seems such a mature footballer, great vision and lovely weight of pass. If we were drawing after an hour I wouldn’t be averse to getting him on, got to put some trust in the lad after the promise shown. 

4 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

How much torso deception did he exhibit during the game, though?

Can’t recall any torso deceptions but did a lovely pirouette before threading the ball in behind for Murphy. Remains to be seen what that little Arsenal geek on twitter will name the aforementioned move. 

38 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Do we know any details about his contract situation? 

He signed his professional contract with us back in May and only been described as a long term deal. It was the same for Anderson in September last year so you would think we're trying to tie them down for at least 4-5 years.

5 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

He signed his professional contract with us back in May and only been described as a long term deal. It was the same for Anderson in September last year so you would think we're trying to tie them down for at least 4-5 years.

Is there rule not that at 17 the maximum you can sign for is 3 years? At least it used to be

So I suspect as soon as he turns 18 we'll be looking to get him on a long term deal then 

Would rather keep him here as I think he’s pretty much ready for the first team bench/close to starting some games. Enzo Maresca is a good coach and it shows how highly thought of Miley is that recently relegated Prem teams want him, usually our youngsters get sent to Scotland or some League Two backwater. 

I think the development and conditioning he will see from embedding into Howe's style of football will be more important then getting him playing for Leicester. Not to disregard them or their coaches, but their intensity isn't the same. After 12 more months of working around our first team he may be ready to pay, or then we can look at loaning him out, at his age there's no rush.

On 03/08/2023 at 12:20, Skeletor said:

Sucks for Leicester. Should have been more willing to compromise with the Barnes fee and build some good faith with us.

and Maddison too apparently. They fucked us about constantly with him. 

• 4 weeks later...