Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Feel a bit numb.

From a rational perspective, I thought that was a better performance than our previous two finals (although I was a kid so maybe my memory is shite). We fought hard and showed some good stuff. We've played worse this season and won.

On the other hand, from a Man Utd perspective you'd be hard pressed to call that anything but a comfortable victory.

It's a bit frustrating because there was some promising flashes but not enough against such an in-form team. Also some of the known recent issues were prominent - Wilson and Almiron ran hard but were passengers. Neither offering much at all. I like them both, but it might be fair to wonder if their purple patches aren't sustainable. Not much you can do mid-season with that kind of problem. I was disappointed Isak didn't start personally.

Schar and Botman looked uncharacteristically lost at sea from the get go. They've been the rock of the team so that was unsettling. Karius was pap for the goal.

I thought ASM played well. Really tried to conjure something. Bruno gave a good account of himself - his heart on his sleeve, but not reckless and keeping things ticking.

You just have to hope lessons are learned and the next final isn't 24 years away.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Some of you lot and this magic transfer window. How has it worked out for Chelsea getting in all those players to turn around their fortunes?

Chelsea had a ridiculously strong squad even before January man Kaka, what are you talking about.

We've done great to get where we are, today has been amazing and the feeling of absolute dread in the build up is something I've only felt from England recently (a complete reversal from growing up), but the past month we've seen the pretty clear drop off that people (outside of Newcastle fans especially) predicted.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The praise Casemiro gets now is quite disrespectful, he’s been putting in these type of displays at the top level for the last 6/7 years and only seems to get credit now he’s in England.

Maybe people have only watched him now he's in England though?

1 minute ago, TBG said:

We've gone from Bruce and Ashley to a cup final.

Throw yourself in the sea if you're disappointed 

Absolutely.

Tremendous progress.  Just got we can recover and get 4th now.  What a season that would be.  

Well ahead of progress.

My mate called the referee a fucking twat and some woman shouted at me and told me off for swearing in front of kids. I said it wasn't me,it was my mate Ben, so she told me to tell him. So I told him not to call the referee a fucking twat any more and apparently *that* counts as swearing too 🙄

So anyway, short version is I'm pig fucking sick 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Casemiro was outstanding for the cunts btw. Absolutely everywhere. Just the sort of midfielder we need to be after in the summer.

Defensively he was good but he completed 21 out of 36 passes, thought he was very sloppy in possession 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The praise Casemiro gets now is quite disrespectful, he’s been putting in these type of displays at the top level for the last 6/7 years and only seems to get credit now he’s in England.

He's been widely regarded as the best centre defensive mid in the world for about half a decade man [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Beren said:

Feel a bit numb.

From a rational perspective, I thought that was a better performance than our previous two finals (although I was a kid so maybe my memory is shite). We fought hard and showed some good stuff. We've played worse this season and won.

On the other hand, from a Man Utd perspective you'd be hard pressed to call that anything but a comfortable victory.

It's a bit frustrating because there was some promising flashes but not enough against such an in-form team. Also some of the known recent issues were prominent - Wilson and Almiron ran hard but were passengers. Neither offering much at all. I like them both, but it might be fair to wonder if their purple patches aren't sustainable. Not much you can do mid-season with that kind of problem. I was disappointed Isak didn't start personally.

Schar and Botman looked uncharacteristically lost at sea from the get go. They've been the rock of the team so that was unsettling. Karius was pap for the goal.

I thought ASM played well. Really tried to conjure something. Bruno gave a good account of himself - his heart on his sleeve, but not reckless and keeping things ticking.

You just have to hope lessons are learned and the next final isn't 24 years away.

Agree with all of that apart from ASM

Not what we need we’re going, nowhere near

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Maybe people have only watched him now he's in England though?

I’m talking about media and pundits, lazy of them if that’s the case, the guy has been one of the best midfielders in world football the last ten years 

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Agree with all of that apart from ASM

Not what we need we’re going, nowhere near

?

Thought he looked like the most likely out of our starting front 3 to do something positive. Unlucky not to score at 0-0. Wilson and Almirón in comparison were feeble imo.