"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

6 hours ago, huss9 said:

the only negative for me......... the state of the tyne bridge, man.

About to watch it, but had same thoughts when saw it for the first time in a while last weekend. They really need to take better care of such an iconic structure. Given Newcastle is the ‘regional capital’ of the North East, perhaps our relatives from the other rivers might want to chip in? 

Surprised they glossed over the Brighton game to an extent as I thought that was the pivotal game in the run-in and didn’t touch on the Liverpool/Villa draw at all which allowed us to only need a point against Leicester.

Suppose the celebrations against Leicester were the main focus though.

Edited by Sima

54 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

About to watch it, but had same thoughts when saw it for the first time in a while last weekend. They really need to take better care of such an iconic structure. Given Newcastle is the ‘regional capital’ of the North East, perhaps our relatives from the other rivers might want to chip in? 

It’s being sorted, however it’s taking a while, as with everything else local authority related. 

6 hours ago, Sima said:

Surprised they glossed over the Brighton game to an extent as I thought that was the pivotal game in the run-in and didn’t touch on the Liverpool/Villa draw at all which allowed us to only need a point against Leicester.

Suppose the celebrations against Leicester were the main focus though.

Spent way too much time in Blyth mind 

11 minutes ago, Vedder said:

They built it up as the big game it was, showed the first goal and then quickly moved on. Sums up the series i think!

Ya it was so weird

they showed Burn’s goal obv with his story..but didn’t show Wilson’s goal and Bruno’s goal and the bedlam afterwards. Particularly given the place was still rocking after Wilson’s clincher…was such an odd thing not to show. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Ya it was so weird

they showed Burn’s goal obv with his story..but didn’t show Wilson’s goal and Bruno’s goal and the bedlam afterwards. Particularly given the place was still rocking after Wilson’s clincher…was such an odd thing not to show. 

Haven't watched it yet, but that's already narked me.

Enjoyed it overall. All or nothing series it wasn't but I suspect Eddie had a say in that as he didn't want the cameras in and around the changing room every game which I agree with.

We have a great team running the club, that moment between Mandy and Eddie on the pitch was tear jerking man. Club is truly United and that came across really well in the series.

Edited by Scotty66

4 hours ago, Cort said:

Wasn't this released worldwide yesterday?

Amazon say it's not available in my location, and they have finally come to grips with stopping me watch with a VPN which was not an issue before.

I watched it each week via a VPN, just switched the amazon to UK....under language. Decent stuff.

Felt a bit robbed by the closing minutes of the episodes. We finished with two draws, and while it was always going to be about the game against Leicester where we got the point to clinch CL football, still felt like we should have seen all the goals against Brighton which put us within touching distance of our goal.

I enjoyed the series, don't get me wrong, just felt like we had a lot more story in the football that didn't get told, while there was just a bit too much focus on the boardroom.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Felt a bit robbed by the closing minutes of the episodes. We finished with two draws, and while it was always going to be about the game against Leicester where we got the point to clinch CL football, still felt like we should have seen all the goals against Brighton which put us within touching distance of our goal.

I enjoyed the series, don't get me wrong, just felt like we had a lot more story in the football that didn't get told, while there was just a bit too much focus on the boardroom.

They said from the very start it was a documentary about the board room and not necessarily about on the pitch.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were rights issues for footage from some games as well.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

They said from the very start it was a documentary about the board room and not necessarily about on the pitch.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were rights issues for footage from some games as well.

Yeah had to be something like that. I can also imagine Howe isn't a big fan of having cameras inside his dressing room.