Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

Schade loved going to ground, what a cheating wanker. 

Pope at times has me shitting my pants, he's a top keeper no denying, but, he seems to do the odd random weird things at times.

Thought we were good, if some players had a tad more capacity upstairs, we could have easily seen them off sooner. 

What was the little bit of drama from Anthony Gordon at the end?

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’ve seen Gordon play for more than a few games in fairness, mostly for a team in blue. Never was impressed. Don’t think he’s good enough for a team aspiring CL football. Kill me.

honey boo boo thumbs down GIF

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Did something happen with Gordon and Howe ?

Howe stopped him to have a chat as he came off but Gordon didn't seem to want to know and was really frustrated. Not reading in to it much personally. Howe wanted to make another sub to time waste, Gordon had had some shaky moments in succession as Brentford pushed on so I think he was just trying to give him a bit of a pep talk. Even if it's tactical it can't be nice to be subbed on and subbed off. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We've not bought him at 21 because of the finished product he is for goodness sake man :lol:

Also can we stop acting as if CL teams don't have squad players that are not all world class. Come on man, this is pathetic.

Can't believe folks are still whining about the Gordon signing as we romp to yet another win under super Eddie Howe!

Fair points, but let’s not be pretending we’re at the stage of throwing £40m+ on a ‘squad player’. 

That reaction after half time was monumental. 

If Wilson’s goal had counted I think they would have crumbled, little bit unlucky there. 

As far as I’m concerned Brentford didn’t score a legitimate goal so they can fuck off. 

Missed the second half, deserved?

@YorkieRatings based solely on the tone of everyone's posts ( :lol: )

Pope: 9.5

Trippier: 7.5

Schär: 7.5

Botman: 5

Burn: 4.5

Bruno: 7.5

Longstaff: 7

Willock: 7

Isak: 8

Murphy: 6

Wilson: 8.5

Edited by Kid Icarus

Fantastic win!

Don't think I'll be able to watch our game against Tottenham in two weeks time. I'd absolutely fly off the handle if they luck/referee their way into an undeserved win. Unbelievable how often they've been shit this season but still managed to get a 1 goal undeserved win, Kane doing to biggest carry job I've seen.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ratings based solely on the tone of everyone's posts ( :lol: )

Pope: 9.5

Trippier: 7.5

Schär: 7.5

Botman: 5

Burn: 4.5

Bruno: 7.5

Longstaff: 7

Willock: 7

Isak: 8

Murphy: 6

Wilson: 8.5

:lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

We were lucky to go in only a goal down. Turned it on for 25 minutes at the start of the second, played the best football all match. Could've had more. Brentford are really hard work to put away and we managed the game well. Just about deserved. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Fair points, but let’s not be pretending we’re at the stage of throwing £40m+ on a ‘squad player’. 

He is 21 years old. He is a squad player initially that should grow into much more.

How much do you think young English players with high potential cost?

Also, why do you label it as 'throwing' as if it is a waste of money, when the guy has been here 5 mins?

This is honestly just tragic at this point.