Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Beardo said:

I dont think we should change the best defence in the league, changing Burn would maybe change the whole dynamic.

Howe mentioned it recently. He knows the team needs to be rotated but the back 4 is the one area he won't do that unless forced. So I can't see Burn getting dropped unless we lose a couple and he is seriously at fault.

27 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Is “The Fish” on here? Every time I look at an opposition fan forum, you’re on there doing the po-faced “Mag in peace” shtick and biting on every possible wind-up. Please stop!

ToonTastic isn’t he? (Or one of the other ones, haven’t lurked in ages).

I skip his posts tbh (though he seems sound), unless it’s a forum which has plenty of other fans on (like RedCafe) I just find our fans trying to have civilised conversations a bit cringey as it’s obvious opposing fans don’t give a shit [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Shame maxi isn’t fit, would fancy him against Young at RB. Gordon would be a good option against him as well, but don’t see Howe starting him after the weekend.

Has it been confirmed he's not fit? A week's a long time in football, it could be he was left out of the squad against Brentford to give him enough time to fully recover for the game against Villa.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Has it been confirmed he's not fit? A week's a long time in football, it could be he was left out of the squad against Brentford to give him enough time to fully recover for the game against Villa.

Howe said he’s was out for a couple of weeks, I’d be very surprised if he starts.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Howe mentioned it recently. He knows the team needs to be rotated but the back 4 is the one area he won't do that unless forced. So I can't see Burn getting dropped unless we lose a couple and he is seriously at fault.

Tin hat on, but I hope that's just an excuse he's using for other reasons. Seems pretty stupid to not keep players that we need to rely on in case of suspensions or injuries match fit in case they need to be relied upon. Doesn't seem smart to be playing fatigued players either. There's also the risk of upsetting players we would like to keep because they don't get a sniff of action. Especially when he knows f.ex in Targetts case that he is a very capable player who performed excellent in his system last season.

Next season we're potentially playing 60+ matches so he needs to get used to rotating the whole team.

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Tin hat on, but I hope that's just an excuse he's using for other reasons. Seems pretty stupid to not keep players that we need to rely on in case of suspensions or injuries match fit in case they need to be relied upon. Doesn't seem smart to be playing fatigued players either. There's also the risk of upsetting players we would like to keep because they don't get a sniff of action. Especially when he knows f.ex in Targetts case that he is a very capable player who performed excellent in his system last season.

Next season we're potentially playing 60+ matches so he needs to get used to rotating the whole team.

Hence the need to get additional players that can manage Prem league and are willing to accept the situation they may not play every week or are willing to fill in as necessary,  but what type of player is willing to accept that 

I'm sure it was dealt with straight away, Gordon apologised and both parties have moved on, but I can't see Gordon playing unless he takes out a full page article in The Chronicle apologising and or signs up here to apologise. 

Yes Howe, Gordon and the team have moved on, but let me wallow in my piss. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe said he’s was out for a couple of weeks, I’d be very surprised if he starts.

If Howe has said that then he won't even be on the bench.

I was at Villa Park when we went down so I carry tiny bit of resentment towards Villa after that day although that was mainly exorcised with the 6 goals we put past them at SJP after we came back up. Other than that no beef with them at all, historic club doing well, hopefully we can both really put the squeeze on Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool over the next few seasons.

You'd think that two clubs who endured Bruce and came out the other side would have a bit more common kinship like.

Of course like many other clubs supporters, Villa fans seem to be incredibly bitter that we landed on our feet after Ashley, so with the exception of brummie I'd say fuck the lot of them.

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

You'd think that two clubs who endured Bruce and came out the other side would have a bit more common kinship like.

Of course like many other clubs supporters, Villa fans seem to be incredibly bitter that we landed on our feet after Ashley, so with the exception of brummie I'd say fuck the lot of them.

I genuinely haven't had the impression there's any bitterness beyond that shown by Villa and Newcastle fans bickering on twitter and forums.

95% of both fanbases don't even know that goes on.

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Think we'll have Spurs no problem, but leaning towards defeat here. Emery is at least on par with Howe tactically and can see Villa suppressing our play.

Villa don't really do much suppressing. 

While they have improved significantly under Emery. They're likely to be one of the clubs with a high turnover of players this summer to implement the way he wants to play. They'll be vulnarable to the press on Saturday.

We’re the new pantomime villain on most message boards now. 

We’ve bought our way up the league, bribed officials, have VAR favouring us, we kick our way through games and have the luck of the devil.

Brentford fans wanted Isak sent off, Burns as well and one of them was adamant that Toney was onside.

I know I’ll be guilty of bias but, I do try not to be. I’ve visited a few forums for views and it’s like I’ve watched a different game. Forest was a belter.

29 minutes ago, brummie said:

I genuinely haven't had the impression there's any bitterness beyond that shown by Villa and Newcastle fans bickering on twitter and forums.

95% of both fanbases don't even know that goes on.

You and Tom Hanks are basically the reason I hate Villa.