Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 15/04/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Miggy back in training is fantastic news. A great option for 20 mins off the bench for a few scenarios.

Is he back? Oh just seen his thread with the news ?

Edited by SUPERTOON

It's fairly normal for team to fall into a set defensive position when they don't have the ball. Emery teams always try to shut down the middle of the park, quite happy to concede possession in wide positions. If a side plays through our press, we're not that dissimilar. 

16 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I was at Villa Park when we went down so I carry tiny bit of resentment towards Villa after that day although that was mainly exorcised with the 6 goals we put past them at SJP after we came back up. Other than that no beef with them at all, historic club doing well, hopefully we can both really put the squeeze on Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool over the next few seasons.

Yeah I get there was some bad blood over the relegation gloating during that season, but before that I always considered Villa a traditional big club, one from the midlands which every region always needs. I'm surprised people are still carrying that over, but would imagine it's just a few 'nackers who take everything to heart.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Let it go man. :lol:

Why? 

I've got no reason to like any other club, sure there's teams that I couldn't give a shit about, but these, mackems, man u, everton, liverpool, leeds all come under the 'cunts' umbrella for me. 

There'll rightfully be a bit of extra animosity in the away section at the weekend, and I'm all for it. 

Decided these are nothing to be feared, get fucking into them. Since the WC Liverpool, Stevenage, Leicester & Arsenal have all beaten them at home. Their great run of form last 6 weeks includes 1 goal wins against 10 men Leicester & Palace and routine home wins against Bournemouth & Forest.

15 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, but then so are Tony Blair, Matt Hancock, and Muhammad Bin Salman :lol: We may as well be supported by fucking Skeletor.

Found out the other day that Jedward support Newcastle

People say these kind of things about our runs of form too though, ultimate they’re now a stones throw away from a Champions League place [emoji38]

They obviously won’t finish top 4 but it is canny outrageous to be where they are given how Gerrard left them. 

I just don’t fear any team now though, we’ll rightfully be favourites. Like The Profit is saying I do feel like we’re also the perfect side to batter a side like Villa if they cannot play through the press. Hoping for another “worst we played all season, so many unforced errors, Newcastle are lucky” kind of nights.

22 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Why? 

I've got no reason to like any other club, sure there's teams that I couldn't give a shit about, but these, mackems, man u, everton, liverpool, leeds all come under the 'cunts' umbrella for me. 

There'll rightfully be a bit of extra animosity in the away section at the weekend, and I'm all for it. 

Ditto , lost all my respect a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

People say these kind of things about our runs of form too though, ultimate they’re now a stones throw away from a Champions League place [emoji38]

They obviously won’t finish top 4 but it is canny outrageous to be where they are given how Gerrard left them. 

Yeah, they're basically us from last season. So... Let's not make the mistake everyone made with us last season.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

My dad was a Villa fan. Having lost him 2 months ago this is a really hard fixture for me, as I've kinda been wanting them to do well since he died, you know, sentimental reasons. I'd take a nice little 0-1 (Bruno) here.

Sorry to hear that man, hope you’re ok. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

My dad was a Villa fan. Having lost him 2 months ago this is a really hard fixture for me, as I've kinda been wanting them to do well since he died, you know, sentimental reasons. I'd take a nice little 0-1 (Bruno) here.

So sorry for your loss, mate. Sadly quite experienced in loss if you ever need someone to chat to - I'm all ears.

I'm sure he'd understand that we have pressing matters to attend to for Champions League!

Does Mings still regularly start for them? If so, our press is going to cause them major bother.

Also, you know how we often complain about home lunchtime kick offs because of a lack of atmosphere.... this should play into our hands on Saturday.