Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

Just now, Away Toon said:

Emery has won at least 10 major trophies in his career. Rice was by far the best player when we played them both home and away and everyone on here would like us to buy him. What's your point?

Worrying that Eddie never won the Europa League with Bournemouth or Burnley.

Positive is that's about as bad as that side is capable of playing and it's only 1-0.

Gordon has the heart of a pea in that half. No workrate. He's British so I expect him to get an easier ride than ASM would.

NUFC playing way too direct. Every midfielder is trying to spray the killer ball forward from inside our own centre circle like they're Steven Gerrard on coke or something.

Hopefully a new plan after the half. Villa should be out of sight.

Just now, worthy said:

What is supposed to be Gordons strengths? Serious question though, cause I dont understand what he is bought in for.

Needs lots more game time to prove himself but I’d agree, shown very little positive so far 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pope has won us so many points this season man.

He just came out early and headed the ball away when Ramsey would have been in.

I can't even take you seriously.

He's erratic. Whether he's won us points or not he's been hit and miss all season, more hit than miss like, but he's nowhere near the top keepers in the league.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

We aren't THAT bad, Villa are bang on this in every way mind and that's the difference 

Yup, we look disjointed, no fluidity between defence and midfield. 

Villa are very good, though, but we’re still in this and Eddie will adjust at halftime.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Wilson

Willock  Isak   Gordon

Joe      Bruno

+Targett for Burn

Would do this but keep Murphy on for Gordon. He's a significantly better player unfortunately. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Fucking hell Ian Darke why not just admit you want the Watkins and the villa lot to give you their load over your face. 

No one worse than Darke. No one.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

What is supposed to be Gordons strengths? Serious question though, cause I dont understand what he is bought in for.

he's young and has room to improve. 

He's shown no real ability to score or assist at PL level in his career yet however (a few deflected shots aside).