Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

Wilson for Murphy. Bring Miggy on later on. Let Gordon have a bit more time. He’s looked okay tbf. Murphy has made 3-4 horrible decisions this half. He needs to come off asap 

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Maybe don't base things on 45minutes like a baby/idiot/depressant/troll

Like "Rice is by far the best player on the pitch and normally I don't particularly rate him." at West Ham a few weeks back.

Emery has won at least 10 major trophies in his career. Rice was by far the best player when we played them both home and away and everyone on here would like us to buy him. What's your point?

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Maybe don't base things on 45minutes like a baby/idiot/depressant/troll

Like "Rice is by far the best player on the pitch and normally I don't particularly rate him." at West Ham a few weeks back.

The words “are outclassing us” actually points out he’s basing it on the current 45 minutes and imo makes him not sound like a troll/baby. If he’d said something like “fuck me they have much more class than us then you’d have a point”.

Happily take being 1 down at HT.

Game should be well out of sight, Emery will be fewming it’s not. Bettered us all over the park and they’re running the midfield by flooding extra bodies in there.

Very poor first half and the only positive is that they are only one ahead.

Burn and Gordon have been awful and barely seen Willock or Isak.

Dare I say we are missing Longstaff. 

I’d happily take a draw now 

If I had to give a constructive word about our play when we have the ball, it's ponderous. We're bereft of one-touch play, everyone has to receive the ball then look about and find a pass, it's so slow. Every extra couple of seconds lets Villa reset and close down options. Need more much off-the-ball effort from Gordon and Murphy, making runs inside to open up the wings and Isak coming in deep to drag defenders out of position.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Trippier has been horrendous. What the hell was that long ball when he had Murphy down the line. My God.

Feels like our lack of pace and athleticism at both full back positions is being exploited by Villa. They are struggling to cope defensively, and then can't offer anything going forward as a result, hence the lack of connect with midfield.