Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

With ASM still out and Gordon not really impressing I wonder if this could be the game we see Howe start Isak and Wilson together?

Obviously it's nice to have the option of Wilson off the bench but it does feel like this is a game that we might just be able to overwhelm Spurs from the first whistle and win easily given the disarray they seem to be in. Gordon and Murphy on the wings isn't exactly a pairing that I fancy to create a lot while Wilson has looked much sharper his last few games.

Obviously a big call to start them together for the first time in such a huge game but given how bad we've been the last two games (only turned it around against Brentford by going with the two strikers) I do think it must surely be strongly considered?

Feels like the best way to not win this game is by being a bit toothless up top and letting a fragile Spurs team grow into the game. Go at them from the start and we'll beat the shit out of them IMO.

To think these hypocrites were the most vocal opposing the takeover even though Levy would have been frothing at the gash for the same investment. 
Hope we absolutely batter  them 

Edited by Andy84

3 hours ago, Shak said:

With ASM still out and Gordon not really impressing I wonder if this could be the game we see Howe start Isak and Wilson together?

Obviously it's nice to have the option of Wilson off the bench but it does feel like this is a game that we might just be able to overwhelm Spurs from the first whistle and win easily given the disarray they seem to be in. Gordon and Murphy on the wings isn't exactly a pairing that I fancy to create a lot while Wilson has looked much sharper his last few games.

Obviously a big call to start them together for the first time in such a huge game but given how bad we've been the last two games (only turned it around against Brentford by going with the two strikers) I do think it must surely be strongly considered?

Feels like the best way to not win this game is by being a bit toothless up top and letting a fragile Spurs team grow into the game. Go at them from the start and we'll beat the shit out of them IMO.

I woudn't be that shocked if Wilson starts over Isak tbh. Wilson will be raging to have been so badly outgunned by Watkins last week in front of the England manager. He's basically lost his England spot on the back of that to a direct rival. He'll be champing at the bit to get at Spurs tomorrow, so maybe Eddie will want to channel that.

37 minutes ago, buzza said:

For me our best displays have been with:

longstaff/bruno/willock

miggy.   Wilson.   Big joe

could perhaps slip isak out wide??

I’d say our best displays (at home anyway) have been Chelsea and Man Utd.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

I woudn't be that shocked if Wilson starts over Isak tbh. Wilson will be raging to have been so badly outgunned by Watkins last week in front of the England manager. He's basically lost his England spot on the back of that to a direct rival. He'll be champing at the bit to get at Spurs tomorrow, so maybe Eddie will want to channel that.

Personally, I’d rather start Isak but I’d be happy with Wilson instead. He’ll be in Loris’s head after the last match against them. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Personally, I’d rather start Isak but I’d be happy with Wilson instead. He’ll be in Loris’s head after the last match against them. 

Howe might even start them both, they are top gun strikers. I just think he'll want to keep one back in reserve just to give us a bench which will keep Spurs guessing. Still no idea which one it will be. I can't see us playing both up front and going for broke when it's Spurs that need the win more than we do.

First time I can remember since probably the last derby that I'm nervous the night before. Jitters don't tend to set in until the morning of before the intake of god knows how many pints personally. This game is fucking huge.

COME ON MAN :indi:

Biggest game of the season - Isak has to start. He's our best attacking player and has to be on the pitch from the start, not sure where but he has to play as many minutes as possible in every game if he's fit. 

I hate being confident, like  :lol:  

We shouldn't expect to beat Spurs but there's a good vibe about it - if anything, last week's defeat adds more confidence that there'll be an apologetic performance in a partisan atmosphere.

Man, what a massive match.