Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

15 hours ago, St1pe said:

I always hate pieces like this because it seems like pointless fuel for the opposition. See Ten Haag’s quotes about us time wasting etc. I don’t get why you’d choose to rile up the opposition - especially in Spurs’s case where they could be on the verge of imploding. Poor piece from Hope. 

For apparently being a fan he really wants to jinx fuck out of us. 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

For apparently being a fan he really wants to jinx fuck out of us. 

I can't tell what I hate more - his running pointless pieces on Fraser's being dropped to the reserves in the week running up to the LC final which was of no interest to anyone but his 'exclusive' could have had a negative effect on our build-up, or arrogant shite like that.

I think I'd prefer it if he didn't write either, tbh.  Or anything at all for that matter.

I'm the only one coming into this with not a great deal of confidence it seems - I've sort of convinced myself we'll get beat - and that'll do for me.  I'm overthinking this and being a bit of a fanny by the looks of it - probably just the size of the match.

Win this and I'll happily start thinking that top four and not just Europe is a possibility.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'm the only one coming into this with not a great deal of confidence it seems - I've sort of convinced myself we'll get beat - and that'll do for me.  I'm overthinking this and being a bit of a fanny by the looks of it - probably just the size of the match.

Win this and I'll happily start thinking that top four and not just Europe is a possibility.

What a fanny

9 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

First time I can remember since probably the last derby that I'm nervous the night before. Jitters don't tend to set in until the morning of before the intake of god knows how many pints personally. This game is fucking huge.

COME ON MAN :indi:

It is huge. But not shit or bust.

Lose and we’re still above them with a game in hand. Draw, 3pts and a game to the good. Win—six points clear with potential for nine—and it is starting to look like an unassailable lead. 

For me this result is more about what it signals in terms of the type of run-in we can expect. We’ve been a bit (sometimes a lot!) off it last couple of games. Just not clicking. It would be a travesty to see this continue and take the shine off the rest of the season and the eventual placing. Don’t think it will. We’ve enough fit bodies to mix and match and make it work. Patches of poor form pass, our ‘norm-form’ over the last 15 months is top class.

So, my advice (sorry, unsolicited I know…) would be don’t stress this one too much. It isn’t critical, one way or the other, doesn’t blow the season. And however today goes in all probability we’ll be fine. There have been, and will be again (the fates willing…) much more important genuine must win games. Best get used to it mattering again; to us having a chance of achievements again.

That said, if the self-talk fails, then the mucho pints strategy may be the way to go! My last supply of Wor Flags LPA is definitely getting hammered when the sun is over yard-arm (somewhere..)! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

4 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I'm quite confident Eddie has kicked the fuck out of whatever happened to the lads at Villa from last week. But for some reason, I'm more worried about thr Everton game than this one.

I can’t help but think nerves is getting to them now we’re so close and it’s in our hands. This is where top managers earn their wages so hopefully we’ll see a response to last game.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re not the only one - I’m suffering from Dan burn syndrome and I just know howes gonna start him again. Kane will be diving everywhere and you know he’s gonna get his penalty.

This game is gonna be spicy I reckon.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

You’re not the only one - I’m suffering from Dan burn syndrome and I just know howes gonna start him again. Kane will be diving everywhere and you know he’s gonna get his penalty.

This game is gonna be spicy I reckon.

Let him have his pel, we'll still score 3 or 4 I reckon.

That slack jaw git will be falling all over the place and the ref will give him everything, it wouldn't surprise me if he injures one of our plays and gets away with it and gets the free kick himself, can't stand him.

Still think we will win though ?

Don’t get me wrong, we can beat this lot, deffo.  I’ve just got ‘big game’ nerves over the last few days in a way that - other than the LC Final - I’ve never felt all season.

I always wish I was at SJP when the match is on, but I’m missing it like buggery today.  It’ll be fucking electric - all nerves usually end at kick off for games like this one for me (just like derbies etc).  At kick off I’ll be convinced we’re thrashing the fuckers. 

Wor flags will have us rabid by kick off, smash into them early & score, fairly comfortable afternoon after that im feeling, Spurs are not great, they clearly have some decent players but collectively we are a better team & will be sore as Fck from last weeks mauling.

3 or 4 nil 

(Ive been wrong before, 1972 I think it was, but looking back i'm convincing myself I may of been right afterall) 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP