Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

43 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Completely missed this Tindall stuff, what's happened?

It seems to be indicative of how twitter works now. There was either a genuine or fake account set up hating Tindall of how he always steals the limelight apparently. There was a video posted of him trying to shake hands before Howe. Then every single “football banter” account jumped on it and it flooded the timelines all day. Howe then got asked about it etc. 

Same with the Nick Pope thing earlier in the season. Accounts jumping on trends for likes.

Bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

It seems to be indicative of how twitter works now. There was either a genuine or fake account set up hating Tindall of how he always steals the limelight apparently. There was a video posted of him trying to shake hands before Howe. Then every single “football banter” account jumped on it and it flooded the timelines all day. Howe then got asked about it etc. 

Same with the Nick Pope thing earlier in the season. Accounts jumping on trends for likes.

Bizarre. 

Tindall's job is to steal the limelight though. He's there to do the things Howe wants to do but can't because he's got to be more professional as the manager. 

Whoever started that isn't any kind of genius for just pointing out his literal job.

He's definitely more present than other assistant head coaches. Nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't say the trend of these accounts jumping on a meme bizarre. It makes sense if their sole purpose is to get likes, follows and re-tweets. It certainly works.

To be honest, I'm not so much worried about losing as worried about the reaction to us losing. We're playing away to a team with a new manager, fighting for their lives, so even though we should still win 4 times out of 5, you never know what can happen in football. 

But the aftermath of a defeat is going to be lots of talk about how we're faltering at the final hurdle, and Liverpool finally showing their class etc etc. Not so much on here, as in the wider media. This game is actually not a 'must win'. It's an opportunity, and other opportunities will come.

3 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

How have we done this season in the dark blue away shirt? Feels like we’ve been fairly successful. I’m becoming increasingly superstitious as the season goes on.

I think it's played six won six. Tranmere, Fulham, Spurs, Southampton, Forest, Brentford. 

33 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Wonder if we'll start the two strikers again.

It didn’t work great last time but then this lot aren’t Arsenal. I prefer the Wilson/Isak partnership at the end when the opposition is knackered