Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Oh for the days of not giving a single fuck about matches, and not feeling like my stomach is gonna drop through my arse days before kick off. 

Kidding, of course. I love that I care so much again. But also hate it. Mostly love.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Starting to panic about it too, can just see them grinding out a 'battling' win will be so fucking annoying

NOT a chance of that happening. Not a chance. We are not that sort of club anymore, not since October 2021.

We can occasionally (rarely) lose to good teams who play well on the day (eg Villa, Arsenal) but apart from that N E V E R !!!!!

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don't know that's why I'm asking

I think that's why people don't like him tbh. To be fair to him, he called Bruce out on his bullshit, but since then I think his reputation has been tarred a bit.

We were getting humped by Brentford until Longstaff went off. He'll be a miss but it's not the be all & end all - the further reduction for midfield rotation is a bigger concern with a cluster of games.

Expecting Isak to start and Wilson rotated for the midweek game.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

We were getting humped by Brentford until Longstaff went off. He'll be a miss but it's not the be all & end all - the further reduction for midfield rotation is a bigger concern with a cluster of games.

Expecting Isak to start and Wilson rotated for the midweek game.

Personally think that Longstaff's absence is only as noticeable due to Bruno carrying a knock. 

Newcastle United will receive a huge boost ahead of the arrival of title-chasing Arsenal next weekend with the return of both Allan Saint-Maximin and Sean Longstaff to give manager Eddie Howe a full strength squad to choose from.

There were fears that two key players could miss the rest of the season with injuries but Telegraph Sport can reveal that both will be able to train fully in the build up to the Arsenal game.

Baldwards on the money, as per, re: Longstaff.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Andre Marriner needs fucking off immediately. He lets Longstaff get crocked, doesn’t award a penalty or a card while Pickford lifts him off the pitch. Awful 

All with that smug PE teacher look on his face. He riled me up so much throughout that game.

Looking at it from a betting perspective, Leeds have gone both teams to score in the last ten, we've gone both teams to score in seven out of ten. Looks great if you aren't afraid of the new manager effect. 

Anderson needs to start in the Longstaff role. I would go for: 

Pope 

Trippier.  Schar.   Botman.  Burn

Anderson Bruno Willock

Almiron.       Isak.          Joelinton 

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Andre Marriner needs fucking off immediately. He lets Longstaff get crocked, doesn’t award a penalty or a card while Pickford lifts him off the pitch. Awful 

Is the club able to do anything about this, do you know? The more I think about the incident, and knowing that it's led to an injury, the more I think he should be reprimanded (more for player safety concerns than anything else). But I assume there's no way for that to actually happen.

Was really looking forward to going to this, first time at Elland Road, but sick with nerves now. Either result is such a pendulum swing - win and I don't think we can be caught, lose and we have Liverpool breathing down our neck with no room for error in the next couple.