Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The main source of confidence for me is that despite the fact they may be better organised under Sam, they don’t have good defenders. They arguably have the 2 worst full backs in the league.

And we have the best 2, both defenders and strikers!
 :tobey: 

Allardyce can fuck with that shite, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them come out and smash us.

People agreeing with the cunt need to remember how he paraded around what he did with his pay off from us.

I hope we bury them and him with them

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Do they have any defenders that even suit his style? Always felt his go-to for firefighting was buy massive defenders who can also nick set pieces at the other end.

I wish he'd done that when he was here. David Rozehnal, man [emoji38]

I'm nervous about this one, since this lot are now something of an unknown quantity under Allardyce. The simple fact is though, just like the Everton game, these need to be dispatched tomorrow. No ifs, buts or excuses, and we need to be mentally ready for what is to come. No doubt that Allardyce will be instructing them to get under our skin in the hope that we lose our focus and/or have a man sent off, so we need to be properly prepared for the test.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Cunt called his villa Casa St. James' as a way of taking the piss over his payoff.

Hope it either has or does burn to the ground.

This is true by the way.  He still laughs at us in his cowardly giggly style.

6 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I was worried about Everton away but quality mainly shines through in the end.

No reason we shouldn't be beating these by 2 or 3. They're shite. They'll be more organised but don't be fooled by their result at City last week. Could/should have been 5-1 easily.

Get the first goal, just like at Goodison, and we could have a field day. When we've went away to sides really struggling this season;

- Southampton 1-4

- Leicester 0-3

- Forest 1-2 (flattered them 100%)

- West Ham 1-5

- Everton 1-4

No reason it shouldn't be like that tomorrow. A lot will have to go wrong for us not to win. I'm a huge worrier and can't pretend I'm not nervous, but logically we should be beating these. They're crap.

Welcome brother. 

Just now, Toon No9 said:

I hope we'll play them again this preseason.

Every season. Alternating hosts.

When it seemed like we'd be close to getting into Europe next season I started taking more interest in their position should we get Europa, they're in with a chance but it's tight.

6 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Tell me you’re a Daily Mail reader without telling me you’re a Daily Mail reader 

No person under the age of 40 reads the Daily Mail. Whinging about "fascism" on a UK football forum in in 2023 a bit pathetic. Stick to the footy.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

20 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

This Hope article..

"Fan favourite Nobby Solano was pulled aside by Allardyce and told he was not needed" -- I thought Solano wanted to leave?

"When the free transfer of Geremi from Chelsea was mooted, Sir Bobby Robson tried to warn the club, relaying a phone call with Jose Mourinho in which the midfielder’s ‘40-year-old’s legs’ were questioned. To think, the alternative was a 21-year-old from Croatia called Luka Modric. That was until Ashley, realising the extent of the club’s debt, put the freeze on spending." -- Wasn't the Modric deal under Keegan not Allardyce?

Yeah, Modric had his breakout season then joined Spurs despite Keegan’s best efforts. 

I have enjoyed Hope’s work previously, but this reads like a shameless hit piece. It could have been an interesting look into his time at the club, but instead it’s a string of poorly researched anecdotes and punchlines.

Allardyce was never likely to thrive with us. His style was antithetical to our aspirations. 

23 minutes ago, Viana said:

Yeah, Modric had his breakout season then joined Spurs despite Keegan’s best efforts. 

I have enjoyed Hope’s work previously, but this reads like a shameless hit piece. It could have been an interesting look into his time at the club, but instead it’s a string of poorly researched anecdotes and punchlines.

Allardyce was never likely to thrive with us. His style was antithetical to our aspirations. 

Yep.  Also, ‘fan favourite Nobby Solano’ was told he wasn’t needed by Robson either - several years earlier.  Don’t get me wrong, Allardyce was fucking shite at NUFC, but why a player being a ‘fan favourite’ should enter a manager’s thinking is beyond me.  And of course you’re both spot on re the Modric / Keegan thing.  But then, there is a tweet from Hope on this page where he’s talking about Kilcline and Kelly saving NUFC in 92/93, when of course it was the season before, so maybe his NUFC calendar is a Julian one or something and he’s a year out on everything. 

edit: it would also be canny if Hope would stop writing motivational articles for the opposition before we play them.  I bet that cunt Allardyce reads the Mail - he seems the sort.  At least wait until afterwards for the hit piece.  But then he’s a balloon who writes for a hate rag and thinks the moon landings were fake …

Edited by TheBrownBottle