Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Waking up after a win has become one of my favourite things about this season. That moment when you remember is class.

Love that Howe has just mentioned in his presser that he does this. 

I went for a piss so missed Burn's goal live. Caught it on the screen in the concourse. It's weird seeing a goal on those screens - the crowd roar is slightly early but not enough to ruin it.

Edited by ponsaelius

13 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Had a buddy from the US over yesterday, been a Toon fan since the 90s, but first times he's been since 2015 during the darkest Pardew years. He was absolutely blown away by the atmosphere in the Gallowgate and couldn't believe how the feeling of the club has changed.

We had a great day doing a pub crawl down the Ouseburn and up into town. Was even tempted into getting the Saudi shirt for £20 - the first toon shirt I've bought since 2010.

Brilliant day all-round. Just hope we finish the job now on Monday.

You weren’t in Meat Stack were you? Heard some Septic/Canadian in there when I grabbing some bait.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Was watching the players arrive, a young kid walks down where the cars go, didn’t realise it was Miley 😂 genuinely looks about 14.

Only turned 17 2 months ago tbf 🤣

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The tactical set up was a thing of beauty, the gaffa deservers all the credit in the world. The tactical discipline our players play with is elite. They’ve followed the Eddie’s word the the letter. 

Showed amazing tactical discipline from the players and showed the value of the high physical demands of Howe's style. I suppose the payoff can be seen in Willock's injury, and it certainly is a high risk tactic. If the press isn't effective and Brighton passed through it it would expose the backline. Great work all round. 

Technically should the first not be Trippiers goal?  It was curling in I think.  The keeper or someone else would have stopped it going in but I though the rule was that and on target shot deflected was given to the player who shot.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

What a performance. A lot were saying don't start Wilson and Isak (with some justification after Leeds) and/or we have to adapt our play because Brighton love teams that press high (again a fair point after they battered Arsenal on their own patch). We stuck to our guns with the mindset that we're at home, we know our strengths and we'll force them to adapt to us regardless of the Arsenal result. Ballsy from Tindall- it would've been easy to say let's do what Everton and Forest did and sit back and counter - but it's paid off. We should've been out of sight before they pulled one back.

More of the same intensity needed against Leicester - some rotation inevitable with injuries and fatigue I imagine.

Edited by ohmelads

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

De Zerbi chose to target their match with Soton and rested players against us. Did us a bit of a favour. He said as much in his post match presser. 

RAWK will love that.

I was wondering if there was an actual reason for their weird lineup. Was a big boost when I saw it. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was wondering if there was an actual reason for their weird lineup. Was a big boost when I saw it. 

Fixture congestion. You know the thing the big clubs with 35 players whinge about yet little old Brighton craic on and rotate. 

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They play Southampton at home on Sunday so your assuming if they were prioritising that as an easier game. 

1 hour ago, ohmelads said:

What a performance. A lot were saying don't start Wilson and Isak (with some justification after Leeds) and/or we have to adapt our play because Brighton love teams that press high (again a fair point after they battered Arsenal on their own patch). We stuck to our guns with the mindset that we're at home, we know our strengths and we'll force them to adapt to us regardless of the Arsenal result. Ballsy from Tindall- it would've been easy to say let's do what Everton and Forest did and sit back and counter - but it's paid off. We should've been out of sight before they pulled one back.

More of the same intensity needed against Leicester - some rotation inevitable with injuries and fatigue I imagine.

:laugh: