NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

58 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Can't see that being a goer given how desperate Hayden is (or at least was) to get back down south. 

To be fair, Spain is South of Newcastle.

4 hours ago, STM said:

I can't be the only one to think that Hayden would be lucky to get a championship club?

He was decent in a very organised and pragmatic side for us under Rafa but is largely shite. I don't want to taint old Isaac mind, good pro and all that but fuck me, he's nowhere near capable of playing PL football anymore.

These aren’t the same thing though.

I could be imagining it, but the media seem to love quoting our all in fees v other clubs. Barnes' fee is regularly quoted as £38 million, yet it's frequently mentioned Diaby is £35 million plus add-ons. Same with Tonali and Isak off the top of my head. They probably do it for other clubs too like, just noticed it with a few of our recent transfers.

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I could be imagining it, but the media seem to love quoting our all in fees v other clubs. Barnes' fee is regularly quoted as £38 million, yet it's frequently mentioned Diaby is £35 million plus add-ons. Same with Tonali and Isak off the top of my head. They probably do it for other clubs too like, just noticed it with a few of our recent transfers.

I don't think you are imagining it. I think some of it comes down to the source putting their spin on the deal, and the journalist putting this take out there. Would make sense seeing as the source is very rarely from our club [emoji38]

I don't get how we, a Champions League club, can't sell our deadwood. Other top clubs manage to sell their unwanted players with no issue, simply by them being associated with said clubs, however we struggle to get shot of our misfits. 

I mean, I do really. We seemingly have signed random blokes off the street who used to play football as kids and put them on stupid wages for stupid long contracts, so who in their right mind who buy them? I'm assuming mutual termination would count towards FFP as well?

I'm curious as to why the fat wanker would allow high wages for players. His entire modus operandi was to sell on players for a profit (with a spotty hit and miss record), so I don't see why he would give the likes of Hendrick wages that would stall a potential sell on. 

Is there not some club out there who followed the business plan of our previous regime we could peddle them to? There must be, as plenty of fans said that ashley ran Newcastle soooooo well and we should be happy. 

12 minutes ago, Stal said:

I don't get how we, a Champions League club, can't sell our deadwood. Other top clubs manage to sell their unwanted players with no issue, simply by them being associated with said clubs, however we struggle to get shot of our misfits. 

I mean, I do really. We seemingly have signed random blokes off the street who used to play football as kids and put them on stupid wages for stupid long contracts, so who in their right mind who buy them? I'm assuming mutual termination would count towards FFP as well?

I'm curious as to why the fat wanker would allow high wages for players. His entire modus operandi was to sell on players for a profit (with a spotty hit and miss record), so I don't see why he would give the likes of Hendrick wages that would stall a potential sell on. 

Is there not some club out there who followed the business plan of our previous regime we could peddle them to? There must be, as plenty of fans said that ashley ran Newcastle soooooo well and we should be happy. 

Because it's termite infested deadwood. It's so dead the grim reaper himself wants nothing to do with it. 

It's going to take a long time for our deadwood to be the class of the established clubs. 

16 minutes ago, Stal said:

We’ve just become a Champions League club, man. Our deadwood have been mostly ghastly PL fodder for years; no scouts are going to be fooled by us calling Ryan Fraser a top 4 player :lol: .

4 hours ago, Stal said:

Aside from the fact the deadwood are absolutely fucking shit, they're also absolutely fucking shit on Premier League wages.

4 hours ago, Stal said:

You literally can’t give them away due to their wages.  

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I made the mistake of reading the full article. 

I mean the page literally stops scrolling before the article is finished. The Chronicle website was definitely designed by Satan.

Just now, Skeletor said:

I mean the page literally stops scrolling before the article is finished. The Chronicle website was definitely designed by Satan.

Lee Ryder moonlighting as a programmer now too.