NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If you only count year 1 of your incoming player's fee, due to amortisation, our 'net spend' would comfortably be in the black, wouldn't it?

One fifth of Tonali's fee + Minteh's fee + Barnes' fee + Livramento's fee is 30.6million Euros according to Transfermarkt; whereas we've brought in 44million.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Edwards has taken a lot of abuse over the £75 million budget even though it was Hope who reported it :lol:

We’re about at that figure (net) currently no? That’s without taking add-ons into account too.

Aye. Think the total gross spend (minus add ons) is circa £125 million. 

From an accountancy perspective it'll be about £31 million this window. We do have to consider deals still on that books though (Joelinton, Trippier, Bruno, Targett, Pope, Isak, Gordon, etc).

We've brought in about £40 million for Wood and ASM combined which isn't terrible going.

Every thing he writes is so open though he constantly sets himself up for an "I told you so" I'm one of the worst posters on here and I could write better content than Luke Edwards.

If he hadn't blocked me I'd tell him as well.

I reckon Cucarella would be class for us tbh, he's more in the Trippier mould and with Livramento on the other side we'd have a pretty varied selection of fullbacks. He seems a bit underrated defensively, and wouldn't have an issue dropping into a back three in possession if we go that route.

Just now, Zero said:

Cucu would be expensive. If we have that much of money may be we should enquire Milan for Hernandez

It’s talking about a loan to buy because of our lack of (allowed) funds- no way would Milan do that. 

31 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If you only count year 1 of your incoming player's fee, due to amortisation, our 'net spend' would comfortably be in the black, wouldn't it?

One fifth of Tonali's fee + Minteh's fee + Barnes' fee + Livramento's fee is 30.6million Euros according to Transfermarkt; whereas we've brought in 44million.

I don’t know how the players sold column works in full as while you can book it all this year you still have to deduct what is owed on those players, although the argument then would be we would have budgeted for that anyway.

As an example if we sold Wood for £15m then we only book £5m as profit as we have £10m still against him as amortisation, yet we would have budgeted for that £10m when working out what we can afford to spend.

A proper rabbit hole.

39 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That's right but the issue is that we're also still paying off the amortisation of Bruno, Isak, Botman etc 

That's why we couldn't go mad this summer on the back of "The Champions League money" - that money is only guaranteed for one season at a time and until our secured revenue (sponsorship mostly, or a stream of sellable reserves like Man City, Chelsea etc) goes up we're always vulnerable down the line.

Tierney would feel like the last piece of a jigsaw fitting into place. It would free Burn up to cover the CB positions, and boost us both in both attack and defence. I imagine the player (partly on the basis of his being Scots) would be very keen to join us.

Having said that, I suspect Arsenal would be very reluctant to help us out. Likewise Chelsea.

I would be happy with either of Tierney or Cucarella on loan, Tierney is the better player but comes with the issues of having a number of serious issues which the club is unlikely to be concerned about considering how much they have just dropped on Livramento. I read somewhere that Tierney is the second fastest defender in the league after Walker.

I know Howe is saying one more but I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t sign a LB and a RCB, I think they might want to get the loan out of the way first if we are pleading poverty as the reason for us not signing a LB outright this window.

24 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I reckon Cucarella would be class for us tbh, he's more in the Trippier mould and with Livramento on the other side we'd have a pretty varied selection of fullbacks. He seems a bit underrated defensively, and wouldn't have an issue dropping into a back three in possession if we go that route.

It's astonishing how quickly people have forgotten his season at Brighton.

The guy was superb. Absolutely relentless getting up and down the pitch on that left side, and so good in possession as his passing is great.

Defensively he struggled in a Chelsea side that was a complete mess. We are far better organised defensively and he'll have Joelinton supporting him on that side too.

Think getting either of Tierney or Cucurella on an initial loan would be incredible business.