Harvey Barnes

khay

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Really weird no Edwards comment since it was his paper that broke the story 

Because I think he’s been burnt twice already blowing his load this window and we’re not even a month into it.

Edited by RodneyCisse

8 minutes ago, STM said:

I was thinking that 35m seemed alot when Maddison went for 40.

Would be a belting signing for that price.

I was thinking 35m sounded good when Sancho went for 73.

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How do they know 'what' we're planning to do if we haven't done it already?  It reminds me of the Joao Pedro saga.

A lot of deals are being done for much less than the initial rumoured prices, it seems.

25m for Barnes does seem particularly reasonable given his output, though.

That said, if you take away his goals we're paying too much IMO.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That just reads like fluff from the Mail to keep the clicks rolling in. I'd be amazed if we tried to low ball Leicester if talks are advanced.

I guess Arsenal did with Rice.

If the 25 million bid is true, you would imagine there are a few achievable add ons included to take it up to around 35 million.

25m would be unbelievable business. I cant see him being offered more than double his current wages so just say it is 80k a week. That would be roughly 20m over a 5 year contract. So could only be a 9m hit from our transfer balance. 

Edited by Tina Tooner

7 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

I'd be very surprised if we get Barnes for £25m. But, this would be the bargain of the summer. 

At that price, it’s probably why the club/Ashworth, see it as an opportunistic move, rather than a priority move. A great year or two for us, posting similar numbers, and he’d still be only 27 (prime). Be worth £50m, and great for FFP further down the line, when we begin and are able to turn over the squad, like Chelsea/City do. All about squad building now.

On 08/07/2023 at 10:41, LFEE said:

Then I’d choose Joelinton to start. ASM to come off the bench. Which I feel he could do consistently over a season.

I just don’t see how Barnes starts for us in the big games.

If this is a squad signing and he’s happy replacing Anderson’s and Ritchie’s minutes then fair enough but you want to be paying nearer £25m if you possibly can.

Sounding like a £25m squad filler I was thinking it might be. No brainer if so…