Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

13 hours ago, Disco said:

Supposed to be thunder and lightning on Saturday evening. Superb work from Howe to ensure we practised that in preseason. 

Also their box midfield killed us at Villa Park. Let’s hope this time we’re a little more prepped this time albeit at the same time score early and it could be another nice win. 

The weird tactic of putting McGinn up against Burn was what caused us a lot of trouble too.

Buendia looks like he'll be out for a while.

Massive boost for us a couple of days before this game.

Edit: my bad, didn't see it on the previous page.

Edited by Mazzy

Shame for the lad, who is a real handful and seems to thrive against us. A few players going down already, and that's before we start playing 100 minute plus games. Villa are potential conference league winners, esp. with Emery, so they'll need their full complement. Us too of course, though our European adventures are likely to be harder but shorter. Fingers crossed our lads stay fit.

32 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Shame for the lad, who is a real handful and seems to thrive against us. A few players going down already, and that's before we start playing 100 minute plus games. Villa are potential conference league winners, esp. with Emery, so they'll need their full complement. Us too of course, though our European adventures are likely to be harder but shorter. Fingers crossed our lads stay fit.

We ain’t playing 100min games. Don’t get sucked into that narrative. They are trying to get close to playing 90min games. If you don’t cheat or fanny around the clock won’t stop. With a bit of luck a paying supporter will hopefully witness 75-80mins of actual football ?

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We ain’t playing 100min games. Don’t get sucked into that narrative. They are trying to get close to playing 90min games. If you don’t cheat or fanny around the clock won’t stop. With a bit of luck a paying supporter will hopefully witness 75-80mins of actual football ?

75-80 minutes of actual football would be insane week in week out man, howay.

Would be like permanently going beyond extra time.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Insane?  you are really over dramatising this.

Remember teams can change 1/2 of their outfield team nowadays.

We could do that last season and players were still absolutely fucked at various stages of the season, adding an extra 15-30 minutes (depending on the team) per week would be massive man howay [emoji38]

The new rules won't do that, but any push for more playing time is pointless imo. Players clearly don't want to be spriting about ever more.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

21 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That’s why we have 5 subs from 9 and large squads.

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

We need this three points. Our schedule is probably the worst among all teams so we have to start our strongest line up

We don't need 3 points though. Calm the fuck down, the season hasn't even started and I feel some are close to losing it already.

23 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Isak starting also will light the fire in Wilson’s belly that when he does get on he’ll be unplayable.

Judging by pre-season I think that's already happened. Wilson looked the sharpest I've seen him for ages. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Again we had this last season. It blatantly favours a select group of clubs too, I just cannot see how this is great for fans in the ground?

Because we aren’t paying to watch time wasting and cheating. Managers just need to use their subs wisely.

Absolutely baffled that you think expecting more flowing football for your money is a bad thing as well as unachievable.

Do you go to our games? 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Isak all day for me. Isak needs to start every minute he’s fit 

Don't be too shocked if Wilson starts, that's all I'm saying. He looks to have struck up a great understanding with Barnes, I think the early ball without too much faff is really going to be right up Callum's street.