Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, soyt said:

Dont understand what is this? Players wandering around and someone like Joelinton walking without a care in the world. Where is the energy? Strange

I'll repeat the unpopular opinion I've been banging on since last season. Joe is a lot of good things but he is NOT a classical midfielder. It is EXPECTED he gets tactically lost like this.

I am disappointed with our tactics and how we're playing today. First off, if you are going to play this passively, what the fuck is the point of playing Joelinton. We have NOTHING TO LOSE. ManCity away at the beginning of the season. Who cares if we lose. Come out and take them on with intensity. What the hell is this passive shit. 

I expected us to come out with ambition and test ourselves with a nothing to lose mentality. I am sorry but this garbage.

Obviously difficult conditions to play against probably the best team in the world, but still feel like Joelinton & Isak in particular could have done more so far. Been quite sloppy both of them.

Just now, Mattoon said:

You know its bad when Isak is running it out of play 

Done it twice now.

Think we'll have a chance at getting something if we can get to half time with 1-0. Howe to work some magic and come out second half with a better plan.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m surprised by how wound up some are here.  They’re obviously a much better side than us - I don’t think we’ve been shite, they’re just really fucking good

Best team in the world - winning everything there is to win last season.