Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 16/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, Shearerlegend said:

Hey guys, i am coming especially from aboard with my wife to watch this game and purchased the hospitality package from the official site, a few questions if i can ask for those who know the answers..

1)i am landing in london and booked “lumo” train and i am really scared that the train will cancel, lumo trains are reliable?

2)how do i know where i seat? The club didn’t send me anything expect an invoice and the only reason i bought the hospitality is to have 100% access to the stadium.

3)a friend of mine wants to join as well but the packages are already sold out, is it safe for him to buy from stubhub or it is not legit tickets?

thx for your answers and howey the lads!!

Can’t answer all the questions but my experience of Lumo has been that it’s more reliable than most train operators. The UK is an absolute disgrace for train travel so there’s no guarantees.

Ive never bought hospitality before but when I’ve bought physical tickets in the past they’ve arrived in the post. Now that it’s moved digitally, I just get something I can download to my wallet on my smartphone. I imagine you will get something like that in due course but someone will probably know how the hospitality system works. @SteV seems to have his ear

to the ground on things ticket related so he may be able to help.

I’ve never gone through stub hub, I’ve picked up tickets via Twitter before. Again, there’s probably others who can speak for it more

37 minutes ago, Shearerlegend said:

Hey guys, i am coming especially from aboard with my wife to watch this game and purchased the hospitality package from the official site, a few questions if i can ask for those who know the answers..

1)i am landing in london and booked “lumo” train and i am really scared that the train will cancel, lumo trains are reliable?

2)how do i know where i seat? The club didn’t send me anything expect an invoice and the only reason i bought the hospitality is to have 100% access to the stadium.

3)a friend of mine wants to join as well but the packages are already sold out, is it safe for him to buy from stubhub or it is not legit tickets?

Lumo should be reliable enough. Trains in this country have been absolutely shocking for the last 18 months but afaik there’s nothing in the way of strikes or major works planned, so hopefully be fine.

Do you know which part of hospitality you’re in? You should get a specific seat I would have thought, but can’t say I’ve frequented any of these new corporate areas, so could be slightly different?

Tell your mate to be very, very wary. Plenty of people have used Stubhub in the past, and it’s been ok, but I’d still be wary, especially after what the club said about third party reselling this week. Realise that’s not particularly helpful, but just makes sure your mate is aware of the potential risks before he commits.

44 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Lumo's been spot on all three times I've used it, like. 

Thank god i dont have economic problem, i just hope i didnt do a mistake not booking lner because i see only now that you have lner every 30 minutes and lumo once in 3-4 hours. About the game- i really hope botman is fit, the last 100 minutes we played without him were scary, top defender

6 hours ago, Shearerlegend said:

I can give you some insight, as I am dealing with this exact set of issue for the Burnley match.

1) There are dozens of trains per day from London Kings Cross to Newcastle.  If your train is cancelled, there will be alternate services available for booking.  Lumo is reliable.  However,  If you are expecting German reliability, you are playing with fire.   Best to make sure you have buffer.  Plus, you want to be there early enough for some pints beforehand.  

2) You will get your tickets a few days before the match. You are guaranteed a seat.  The hospitality description on the website should tell you where your seat will be, but it will either be Milburn stand or Leazes Stand.  The seats will all be fine, but you will probably find the atmosphere in the hospitality areas a bit sterile.  But you are in the ground, and that’s the important thing.

3) There are hospitality packages still available, but it’s the more expensive ones.  Note that the link from the ticket page is broken (typical ticket office rubbish), but if you go via the hospitality page, you will see availability.   Suggest you ring the hospitality office on Monday and ask to get a ticket for your friend.   I’ve used stub hub in the past for other venues with no problem, but the ticket office seems pretty hell bent on stamping that out, so buyer beware.  

Edited by Mrdovenb
Edited for clarity

Fucking nervous about this game and it's still a week away. We'll either smash them like last season or it'll be so nerve-cracking like in Howe's first game in charge (technically - Howe had Covid at home..maddog was in the dugout)

Edited by nufcjb

7 hours ago, Mrdovenb said:

I can give you some insight, as I am dealing with this exact set of issue for the Burnley match.

1) There are dozens of trains per day from London Kings Cross to Newcastle.  If your train is cancelled, there will be alternate services available for booking.  Lumo is reliable.  However,  If you are expecting German reliability, you are playing with fire.   Best to make sure you have buffer.  Plus, you want to be there early enough for some pints beforehand.  

2) You will get your tickets a few days before the match. You are guaranteed a seat.  The hospitality description on the website should tell you where your seat will be, but it will either be Milburn stand or Leazes Stand.  The seats will all be fine, but you will probably find the atmosphere in the hospitality areas a bit sterile.  But you are in the ground, and that’s the important thing.

3) There are hospitality packages still available, but it’s the more expensive ones.  Note that the link from the ticket page is broken (typical ticket office rubbish), but if you go via the hospitality page, you will see availability.   Suggest you ring the hospitality office on Monday and ask to get a ticket for your friend.   I’ve used stub hub in the past for other venues with no problem, but the ticket office seems pretty hell bent on stamping that out, so buyer beware.  

Many thanks! The problem is that my friend wants to sit with us so I contacted the club but no answer yet.Last question :) is it possible to enter the stadium with a backpack?

25 minutes ago, Shearerlegend said:

Many thanks! The problem is that my friend wants to sit with us so I contacted the club but no answer yet.Last question :) is it possible to enter the stadium with a backpack?

Aye it’ll just get searched as you go in. So make sure there’s no bombs in it or anything like that that might put someone’s eye out. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam