Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

• 3 months later...

Haven't read his bit in the Mail over the weekend beyond the headline - obviously echo the bravery mentioned in here already - did hear that he mentioned something about an England player coming home from Euro 2004 owing £100k around the squad from gambling.

My bets (yes, pun intended) on David James... Stories a few years ago saying he lost millions over his career.

Another Dyer book excerpt: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incredible-story-how-duncan-ferguson-14287124.amp

When you think about some of the most scary players the Premier League has ever seen, it's hard to look past Duncan Ferguson isn't it?

The Everton coach and cult hero was certainly an intimidating figure in his playing days - just ask the likes of Paul Ince and Steffen Freund.

But, a new story that has emerged from the Scotsman's days at Newcastle potentially takes his reputation up to a whole new level.

In an extract from his new book published by the Daily Mail , Kieron Dyer has revealed an incredible story involving Ferguson and a fellow former Everton man in Alessandro Pistone.

This was before the defender had made the move to Goodison Park and the pair were playing for Newcastle United - and Dyer has lifted the lid on the moment Ferguson made the Italian cry.

"Duncan Ferguson was a scary man," Dyer said.

"Once, in a five-a-side match, Alessandro Pistone kept making mistakes so Dunc screamed at him. 'F*** off, Dunc,' the Italian replied.

"Dunc stopped dead, stood stock still, his eyes not moving off Pistone.

"When training finished I went into the treatment room with Pistone for a massage.

"The doors swung open. Dunc pointed at Pistone and invited him outside. Pistone had panic all over his face.

"'Don't make me ask you again or I'll come over there and drag you outside,' said Dunc. By this time, tears were streaming down Pistone's face and he was jabbering. I was trying not to laugh, but I could see the rage in Dunc's eyes.

"'I will tell you this once,' Dunc said. 'If you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.' Dunc turned and walked out of the door. Pistone was a wreck."

We've had some batshit fuckers at our club. :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5376595/amp/Kieron-Dyer-reveals-sexually-abused-child.html

Cant copy and paste because on my phone - never liked the bloke but massive, massive respect for him coming out and talking about this. Poor bloke.

That's harrowing reading.

How can sick fucks like that bloke who abused him be walking the face of the earth man. Disgusting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5376595/amp/Kieron-Dyer-reveals-sexually-abused-child.html

Cant copy and paste because on my phone - never liked the bloke but massive, massive respect for him coming out and talking about this. Poor bloke.

That's harrowing reading.

How can sick fucks like that bloke who abused him be walking the face of the earth man. Disgusting.

Christ, grim.

Another Dyer book excerpt: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incredible-story-how-duncan-ferguson-14287124.amp

When you think about some of the most scary players the Premier League has ever seen, it's hard to look past Duncan Ferguson isn't it?

The Everton coach and cult hero was certainly an intimidating figure in his playing days - just ask the likes of Paul Ince and Steffen Freund.

But, a new story that has emerged from the Scotsman's days at Newcastle potentially takes his reputation up to a whole new level.

In an extract from his new book published by the Daily Mail , Kieron Dyer has revealed an incredible story involving Ferguson and a fellow former Everton man in Alessandro Pistone.

This was before the defender had made the move to Goodison Park and the pair were playing for Newcastle United - and Dyer has lifted the lid on the moment Ferguson made the Italian cry.

"Duncan Ferguson was a scary man," Dyer said.

"Once, in a five-a-side match, Alessandro Pistone kept making mistakes so Dunc screamed at him. 'F*** off, Dunc,' the Italian replied.

"Dunc stopped dead, stood stock still, his eyes not moving off Pistone.

"When training finished I went into the treatment room with Pistone for a massage.

"The doors swung open. Dunc pointed at Pistone and invited him outside. Pistone had panic all over his face.

"'Don't make me ask you again or I'll come over there and drag you outside,' said Dunc. By this time, tears were streaming down Pistone's face and he was jabbering. I was trying not to laugh, but I could see the rage in Dunc's eyes.

"'I will tell you this once,' Dunc said. 'If you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.' Dunc turned and walked out of the door. Pistone was a wreck."

We've had some batshit f***ers at our club. :lol:

“I WILL CRACK YOUR SKULL!”

Holy fuck!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I remember when we first signed Ferguson and he and Shearer had the makings of an unstoppable duo. Sadly he struggled with injuries. He was an underrated player in many ways because he was actually a good footballer. That goal against Man Utd will live long in the memory.