José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I hold no ill feeling towards Jose. He was a fantastic player for us and he's shown his class over the past few years. He needs to play for a club that can match his ambition and unfortunately with Ashley in charge we were never going to be that team. Good luck to him.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying f*** all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

I think you need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that footballers leave clubs from time to time.

He could've came out and been honest still, instead of lying and saying he was waiting until we were safe.

Everyone on here seems to slate Bassong but at least he had the balls to say he wanted out, rather than the likes of Duff and Beye who pledged their loyalty but the weaseled out when the chance arrived.

Small point, but he never said that. Just like he never said he wanted to sign for a Champions League club.

Said something similar didn't he?  Or at least his agent did?

Alan "Andy Carroll win not leave"/"We've offered Jose a fantastic deal" Pardew did.

I hold no ill feeling towards Jose. He was a fantastic player for us and he's shown his class over the past few years. He needs to play for a club that can match his ambition and unfortunately with Ashley in charge we were never going to be that team. Good luck to him.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying f*** all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

I think you need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that footballers leave clubs from time to time.

He could've came out and been honest still, instead of lying and saying he was waiting until we were safe.

Everyone on here seems to slate Bassong but at least he had the balls to say he wanted out, rather than the likes of Duff and Beye who pledged their loyalty but the weaseled out when the chance arrived.

Small point, but he never said that. Just like he never said he wanted to sign for a Champions League club.

Alan "Andy Carroll win not leave"/"We've offered Jose a fantastic deal" Pardew did.

About him waiting till we're safe?

Said something similar didn't he?  Or at least his agent did?

Nope, it all came from Alan 'Andy Carroll is definitely not for sale at any price' Pardew, on behalf of his invisible Managing Director if we're to believe Pardew has fuck all say in contract negotiation (as I've also seen people claim on here).

About him waiting till we're safe?

Aye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9397088.stm

Here's hoping that the jock twats 2nd managerial stint with the bin dippers mirrors what he did here!!

Appointed manager in January, really strong finish to the season, 13th in his first full season in charge, sacked after 2 games.

:D

anyway, good riddance jose. hope you play piss poor and join the likes of Beye on the bench.

I keep hearing this argument about him not wanting to play for us. I can't think of any of our players that wouldn't want to go to Liverpool tbh. They're bigger than us, win more, have far more ambition to improve, are far closer to getting into Europe (and have done virtually every year for ages) and pay more. Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?

Marveaux?

By all accounts we simply offered him more money in that instance. Funnily enough, something we 'don't do any more'.

You what? "By all accounts"? What accounts? Most if not all accounts I have read have said nothing of the sort.

As for not being able to see the difference between a player actively wanting to move (preferably to a CL club, but Liverpool will do), and a player who's head might be turned if a bigger club came in for them then I find that fairly surprising.

"Does that mean none of our players want to play for us?" What an absolutely bonkers thing to say. :lol:

Presumably you believe his move to Liverpool broke down at the last minute because he's a crock then, despite it being denied by the player himself.

Er... No, you presume wrong. :lol:

I believe what has been reported, that discussions didn't work out (over what who knows, possibly likelyhood of playing, length of contract), and we jumped in.

I find it very tough to believe, given your general stance on our belt tightening, that you think we blew Liverpools contract offer out the water enough to force him to choose what you suggest is the lesser club.

Nope, it all came from Alan 'Andy Carroll is definitely not for sale at any price' Pardew, on behalf of his invisible Managing Director if we're to believe Pardew has f*** all say in contract negotiation (as I've also seen people claim on here).

I think the two claims are different tbh.  Re: Carroll, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.

Re: Jose, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.  Why wouldn't Jose set the record straight?

It's made a little bit bearable when it's Kirsty Gallacher telling us the news. :fwap:

I'm not too keen on her, don't get me wrong, I'd smash it, but there's quite a few on there who are better than her. Oh, and her sneck massively puts me off.

If it's been so, so obvious all along that Enrique would leave (and at a reduced price anyway due to his contract expiring) then it's even more unacceptable that we're two days before the new season without a left back even on the books, let alone settled in after a pre-season getting to know new team-mates.

As I said before, there's no consideration towards the needs of the team whatsoever, it's just about how much money we can get. Fucking cunts.

If it's been so, so obvious all along that Enrique would leave (and at a reduced price anyway due to his contract expiring) then it's even more unacceptable that we're two days before the new season without a left back even on the books, let alone settled in after a pre-season getting to know new team-mates.

As I said before, there's no consideration towards the needs of the team whatsoever, it's just about how much money we can get. f***ing c***s.

The club might've known all along that he wanted to leave but they still have to wait for an offer.  There may have been a possibility of him staying if no offers came in. As Jose said himself if he has to stay here then he's happy.

I do agree another LB could've been lined up in principle though.

I'm not trying to make sense of everything because it would be too hard to considering all the contradictions/lies that come out of the club, just putting other explanations out there.

If he wanted to leave then he wouldn't be happy to stay. :lol:

The instant it became clear he had no intention of extending his contract we should have had a fucking replacement in. If it 'costs us' a season of having two good ones in the squad (two good players in the same position, imagine that! Madness eh? :idiot2:) then so be it.

Nope, it all came from Alan 'Andy Carroll is definitely not for sale at any price' Pardew, on behalf of his invisible Managing Director if we're to believe Pardew has f*** all say in contract negotiation (as I've also seen people claim on here).

I think the two claims are different tbh.  Re: Carroll, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.

Re: Jose, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.  Why wouldn't Jose set the record straight?

He can't win, Frazzle.

He speaks out - he's fined by the club, charged and convicted by the fans of being disruptive with the following old argument trotted out "It's unprofessional. If I spoke about wanting to go to a better company, and effectively slagging off the ambition of the company I was with, I'd be justifiably sanctioned"

As it is, now he's being accused of being "cold" with fans for keeping his head down and staying largely silent. I worry some fans think they're the women in relationships with some of the players :lol:

Should demand Insua as part of the deal. They never use him, and he would be a good back up for whoever we get in to replace Jose.

Will never happen but just thought I'd throw that fantasy out there.