Steve McClaren

Dave

If I remember correctly we started last season, under Pardew, with 8 straight games without a win. There's some serious bed-wetting and knee-jerking going on here, it's embarrasing sometimes. It's been a poor start but calling for McClaren's head is ludicrous.

I asked this question the other day and I'm sure people said we had 7 points after 8 games last season and that was a f***ing shambles. We're looking at 2 from the same games here man.

It's not the time to call for his sacking yet imo, as I've said.

Just checked, last season we got our first win in the 8th game.

So 4 draws from the first 7 and a win in the 8th. Still much better than the two points we're going to have this season.

Also Pardew went on a 6 win run didn't he? That's not happening here like [emoji38]

Let's see where we're at come Christmas.

8 straight losses, courtesy of John Carver, won't happen either.

Well that's what I've said to be fair, and when we lose the next two games we'll have played the top 4 teams whereas Pardew's shit start was against poor teams and his 6 wins included some scalps.

As I've said elsewhere I can see maybe 15 points up to the mid point then we'll make some signings and survive.

It's still not nearly fucking good enough.

Has McClaren changed anything midplay yet? Seems totally void of changes.

says it will take a while to get the system working- well great- what happens if he gets there and a manager turns up and counters it in a first half- will it take another 2 months to figure out how to change it? fucking marvelous

If I remember correctly we started last season, under Pardew, with 8 straight games without a win. There's some serious bed-wetting and knee-jerking going on here, it's embarrasing sometimes. It's been a poor start but calling for McClaren's head is ludicrous.

Absolutely this.

I mean for f*** sake, how quick are we to get p*ssed off when the media say us as fans are demanding, impatient and expectant? And now, six games into a new season, a whole new coaching set up and having to rid ourselves of the utter s**** Pardew and Carver left behind and we're already prepared to write off McClaren?

Honestly, some of you guys are ridiculous. I barely post on here because I can't handle all the melodrama. It's going to take more than six games to sort this s**** out.

It's not being ridiculous as he should not have been giving the job in the first place as no other club in the Premiership would have given a manger sacked by a Championship club a look in. And to say he needs his chance I think is a load of crap also (even though he will get it) as come January time we will be isolated at the bottom of the league needing at least to get three or more catch up results to get out of it. Pointless arguing though as not going to change peoples opinion but let's just see if these same people (yourself included) are saying the same come January time and how many are then saying w should of got rid of him earlier. 

Weird how the Watford manager has done this already despite having way more new players, language issues and less resources to overcome.

Aye funny that isn't it.

Weird how the Watford manager has done this already despite having way more new players, language issues and less resources to overcome.

none of the reasons excuses given at this club ever stand up to any scrutiny.

Going go take time to sort out pardew's mess. Too many players look like they are hungover from last season. Obvious motivational issues with players like colo, it would appear. Looks like he has made some bad decisions already which doesn't bode well for the future but have to let him get on with it.

I'm an all in subscriber to the poison of Pardew but it simply doesn't apply to:

Starting Obertan.

Neglecting both Perez and Aarons, and latterly De Jong.

The Colback Anita vortex of emptiness in the middle.

Dropping Anita for Colback.

Colback playing every minute.

Selling Abeid when the rest of the midfield can't cut it.

Banking everything on Colo (no chance that he made that call as a board member knowing he wouldn't get say Thauvin if they signed another CB).

Playing Cisse.

I mean there are more but this is enough in itself. These are his decisions, not Pardew's.

He's been at the club what 4 months? I think he can at least be judged on his own decision-making, selections and tactics at this point and he's been fucking awful tbh.

Aye, can't really argue with that.

A good coach does not necessarily make a good manager.

Also, I think McClaren doesn't deal well with pressure and he is already showing signs of that.  You don't get the same level of pressure at a Championship club nor the media scrutiny.  No manager gets time in the Premier League because clubs can't afford relegation hence his negative approach to games - concentrate too much not losing so they forget how to win.

Anyway he has got all the excuses lined up already:

- Short Summer break

- Too much travel in pre-season

- Poor pre-season opposition

- Not been here long enough to get to know the players

- New players need time to adjust

And so on.

Most of those are the same for all clubs and they seem to cope.

I think he could walk if it gets very bad - he has been careful to rebuild his image since the England job and has not hung around at clubs when things have started to go pear-shaped.

A good coach does not necessarily make a good manager.

Also, I think McClaren doesn't deal well with pressure and he is already showing signs of that.  You don't get the same level of pressure at a Championship club nor the media scrutiny.  No manager gets time in the Premier League because clubs can't afford relegation hence his negative approach to games - concentrate too much not losing so they forget how to win.

This is the impression I'm getting so far as well, he just doesn't look like he inspires any respect or fear from the squad. From everything I've heard he appears to be an innovative coach, but that's the mark of a good no 2 not a manager. He's got to be given some time to turn it round, but from what I've seen so far I'm not convinced he's going to do it.

We did try and speed it up yesterday but were absolutely shite at it. To be expected, I suppose, considering how low confidence seems to be. If only we had more players with the mentality of Daryl Janmaat, he's not always brilliant but he always takes risks, tries to be positive and is determined. Wijnaldum has been a bit disappointing in that he's been quite passive with some of his play; he seemed to get more of a grip of it in the second half yesterday so I hope that's something he can push on from.

Saw the result yesterday and that's about all of saw.

Quick question, do people think he picked the right team?? Looks like he went 4123 which is what I have been wanting us to play??

Still far to early to judge, but not looking promising thus far.

Quick question, do people think he picked the right team?? Looks like he went 4123 which is what I have been wanting us to play??

Was glad to see Perez in there, didn't have too many complaints before the match.  I think watching yesterday made me think maybe the formation and team selection isn't as much of a problem as what seems like a chronic lack of morale, teamwork and drive amongst the players.  They looked like total strangers who've never played with each other before in their life, no communication, no unspoken understanding of where to move or where to pass the ball - players feeding a ball through on the outside of a defender just as the player they were passing to checked his run and darted in to the middle, things like that.  No-one was working for each other, there was no gestures of "unlucky mate" or hands up of "my fault, good idea".  Conversely, the players didn't look comfortable enough with each other the criticise a wrong decision or bad pass, aside from some undirected looking at the sky. 

It's usually the kind of stuff I'd scoff at as being a bit David Brent, but it looks like these lads need to go and play paintball together and do some fucking trust falls or something.

Was glad to see Perez in there, didn't have too many complaints before the match.  I think watching yesterday made me think maybe the formation and team selection isn't as much of a problem as what seems like a chronic lack of morale, teamwork and drive amongst the players.  They looked like total strangers who've never played with each other before in their life, no communication, no unspoken understanding of where to move or where to pass the ball - players feeding a ball through on the outside of a defender just as the player they were passing to checked his run and darted in to the middle, things like that.  No-one was working for each other, there was no gestures of "unlucky mate" or hands up of "my fault, good idea".  Conversely, the players didn't look comfortable enough with each other the criticise a wrong decision or bad pass, aside from some undirected looking at the sky. 

It's usually the kind of stuff I'd scoff at as being a bit David Brent, but it looks like these lads need to go and play paintball together and do some fucking trust falls or something.

Agree there, definitely looked like some players just did not have that mental readiness, be it confidence or just not caring enough.

There was much better drive and determination in the second half.

It's usually the kind of stuff I'd scoff at as being a bit David Brent, but it looks like these lads need to go and play paintball together and do some f***ing trust falls or something.

Excellently put.

It's usually the kind of stuff I'd scoff at as being a bit David Brent, but it looks like these lads need to go and play paintball together and do some f***ing trust falls or something.

10/10