Ipswich confirm interest in Ameobi loan deal

Baggio

Oh for fucks sake Shola, sling your fucking hook.  Is he waiting for a bid from Arsenal or is he still convinced yet again this will be his season with us, that he's going to be first choice and bag 25 goals?

Stoke offer £3.5 million...

Shola turns them down...

All goes quiet...

Shola asks us to lower our asking price...

Ipswich offer £2.5 million...

Shola turns them down...

Ends up joining Norwich for £1.5 million at the end of August.

Stoke offer £3.5 million...

Shola turns them down...

All goes quiet...

Shola asks us to lower our asking price...

Ipswich offer £2.5 million...

Shola turns them down...

Ends up joining Norwich for £1.5 million at the end of August.

Perfect for me. 1.5m is way too much for a useless cunt.

Look at the brightside, he might keep Smith out of the formation.

That my view on this, I would like Shola gone and some £££ but even if we does go I don't have faith we will sign a replacement with Smith still here and I would start Shola ahead of "Big Al".

Despite having publicly confirmed their interest and having spoken to the player with permission from United, Ipswich Town are still playing a waiting game for Shola Ameobi.

While the Championship club are close to meeting the £2.5m fee for the striker, there's speculation that West Bromwich Albion have re-entered the race to sign Shola - and can offer superior wages, as well as the chance to remain in the top flight.

Guest Heneage

Irrespective of whether I want him to leave or not, in my honset opinion Shola is being unprofessional now. To call the club out for over-valuing him, then turn down some fine offers.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1369893,00.html

AMEOBI DEAL CLOSE

Posted on: Tue 19 Aug 2008

Town are closing in on signing Shola Ameobi from Newcastle with a fee agreed between the clubs, and the player at Portman Road for a medical.

Blues were given the green light to speak to the 26-year-old striker at the end of last week and the former England U21 international travelled down over the weekend to discuss a move to Town with manager Jim Magilton.

"We have agreed a fee with Newcastle for Shola and he spent yesterday at the Club having a medical," Jim told the Club website.

"We've had a good chat and things are moving on. He will be with us again today and hopefully we can get it all tied up."

Ameobi progressed through the youth ranks at Newcastle and has made 168 Premier League appearances for the Magpies.

He finished last season on loan at Stoke, where he made six appearances in their successful promotion run-in.

:bounce: