West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He really showed his quality in the air last night beating the Blackburn defence to the majority of the balls in the air. It's already been mentioned a few times this season but if he had a pacey striker alongside him they could make an excellent partnership, Shola's not doing a bad job really, but someone with a bit more pace and quality would be a better partner for AC imo.

Aye you might disagree, but Craig fucking Bellamy would've been great.

We would have a team of mad men playing, would be great to see.

He really showed his quality in the air last night beating the Blackburn defence to the majority of the balls in the air. It's already been mentioned a few times this season but if he had a pacey striker alongside him they could make an excellent partnership, Shola's not doing a bad job really, but someone with a bit more pace and quality would be a better partner for AC imo.

Aye you might disagree, but Craig f***ing Bellamy would've been great.

Couldn't agree more. Carroll and Bellamy would be a lethal partnership

Aye you might disagree, but Craig fucking Bellamy would've been great.

Bellamy would have been great. It's a shame he turned us down though,

Craig Levein has said that he has still not given up hope of seeing Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll in a Scotland jersey. The national team boss has previously been rebuffed in his attempts to persuade Carroll to turn out for Scotland.

The striker, who has already scored seven times in the Premier League this season has been capped by England at Under-21 level but is eligible to play for Scotland through his grandmother. Carroll’s barnstorming start to the season has seen him touted as a possible call-up for the full England squad.

Levein and Scotland scout Michael Oliver have watched on a number of occasions. Carroll has already stated his wish to play for England over Scotland but, should Fabio Capello overlook the player in his next England squad, Levein says he is ready to act.

“If he’s not involved in this England squad then…yes,” the manager said.

“I spoke to his agent last week and we’ll see. The lad, I think, in all likelihood will be involved in the England squad.”I

Following Newcastle’s defeat against Blackburn on Wednesday night, Carrol said he was still in the dark regarding Capello’s plans.

"As far as England is concerned, we've just got to see what happens,” he said. “

Nobody from the FA has been in touch with me and I won't find out until everybody else on Saturday. We've just got to see what happens. I'm scoring goals, and doing the best I can do at the minute."

Levein has already enjoyed success in tempting players from south of the border to commit to the Scotland cause. QPR hitman Jamie Mackie and Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley are both in the squad to face the Faroe islands last week having been called up for the first time this season.

i hope Carroll doesn't get picked for England next week, i want him fighting fit for NUFC and the amount of work he's put in so far this season, especially in the last few games, plus he took a bit of a battering off Samba last night and will get another one of Hangeland so i would personally like him with his feet up recharging his batteries.

Wouldn't actually mind him having a stormer on Saturday, scoring 2 or 3 goals but getting a slight knock, nothing too serious just enough to stop him playing midweek but being fit for Bolton.

Guest Chubby Jason

Craig Levein has said that he has still not given up hope of seeing Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll in a Scotland jersey. The national team boss has previously been rebuffed in his attempts to persuade Carroll to turn out for Scotland.

The striker, who has already scored seven times in the Premier League this season has been capped by England at Under-21 level but is eligible to play for Scotland through his grandmother. Carroll’s barnstorming start to the season has seen him touted as a possible call-up for the full England squad.

Levein and Scotland scout Michael Oliver have watched on a number of occasions. Carroll has already stated his wish to play for England over Scotland but, should Fabio Capello overlook the player in his next England squad, Levein says he is ready to act.

“If he’s not involved in this England squad then…yes,” the manager said.

“I spoke to his agent last week and we’ll see. The lad, I think, in all likelihood will be involved in the England squad.”I

Following Newcastle’s defeat against Blackburn on Wednesday night, Carrol said he was still in the dark regarding Capello’s plans.

"As far as England is concerned, we've just got to see what happens,” he said. “

Nobody from the FA has been in touch with me and I won't find out until everybody else on Saturday. We've just got to see what happens. I'm scoring goals, and doing the best I can do at the minute."

Levein has already enjoyed success in tempting players from south of the border to commit to the Scotland cause. QPR hitman Jamie Mackie and Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley are both in the squad to face the Faroe islands last week having been called up for the first time this season.

What a moron, he tried for Ameobi not long ago didn't he?

i hope Carroll doesn't get picked for England next week

What an incredible thing to say.

You should be proud that our #9, and a local lad to boot, could be leading the line for England.

sorry but i couldn't give a monkeys about England,  especially a pointless friendly and am only concerned in Carroll being in good form for NUFC.

i hope Carroll doesn't get picked for England next week

What an incredible thing to say.

You should be proud that our #9, and a local lad to boot, could be leading the line for England.

i always want our players picked for their national teams.....then for them to pull out with a small injury that keeps them out of the international but are then 100% fit for our league games. (i believe it's called a "giggs")

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/162602/Andy-Carroll-should-quit-Newcastle/

ANDY CARROLL SHOULD QUIT NEWCASTLE

THE best thing Andy Carroll can do for his career is to quit Newcastle United. Now I know that’s heresy as far as Toon fans are concerned. They see him as a hometown hero who will take up the mantle from Alan Shearer. And they have got a point.

He is an extremely talented player, who at only 21 is a concoction of brute strength, power, some pace and no little courage. Carroll has hit the ground running this season as Newcastle have returned to the Premier League.

And that’s caught the attention of England manager Fabio Capello, who seems hell-bent on playing him in the friendly against France next week. But Carroll does not have the focus and determination that Shearer possessed and he could be in danger of throwing it all away.

Newcastle are a massive club with great tradition and  history. Names like Jackie Milburn, Sir Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan have a special place in the club’s folklore.

But the city of Newcastle isn’t that massive. At the moment Carroll is like a big fi sh in a small pond and is loving every minute of it.

I won’t moralise about the trouble he has already got  himself in, with Crown Court appearances hanging over his head and the fact he is currently on bail living at the home of club skipper Kevin Nolan.

Nobody is perfect, and Carroll certainly isn’t. As well as trouble off the pitch there have also been problems within the confi nes  of the training ground.

A bust-up with his Newcastle team-mate Steven Taylor ended with the striker nursing a bruised hand, while Taylor had to go to hospital with a broken jaw. Nothing was really done about it. It appeared to suit the club to sweep it all under the carpet without any appropriate discipline being handed out.

At the same time the Taylor clash happened, Carroll was awaiting trial on charges of assault and ABH, which were then reduced to common assault. The £1,000 fine he received was nothing for a professional footballer.

In defending Carroll, the player’s barrister actually said that the glass that hit another man just above the eye “accidentally travelled through the air”.

There have been other recent events which have seen Carroll arrested – plus revelations of a late-night binge-drinking session with Nolan, ending up in McDonald’s at 5am after Newcastle beat Sunderland 5-1.

The point is that Carroll, while living in Newcastle, feels he is untouchable. Perhaps even above the law and certainly any rules placed on him by manager Chris Hughton. No doubt he is surrounded by old friends who are more than happy to go out drinking with him at the drop of a hat.

They will bask in his refl ected glory and his VIP treatment. None of this will really help him become the best footballer he can be.

If he chooses to ignore the warnings, then he could easily go down the same path – but let’s pray he doesn’t – of Paul Gascoigne. Perhaps not that severe, but he does not want to be taking advice from Joey Barton, who was offering it up this week.

Perhaps, instead, he should have a look at what one-time Newcastle party-boy Kieron Dyer has had to say about his time on the Tyne. He admitted he damaged his career by following the same path that Carroll is “This is what happens when you turn young men into millionaires in a city where they receive so much adulation just for being footballers. “There are so many dangers when that happens, so many pitfalls – and I fell into a lot of them. There are things I did which I just can’t believe when I look back.

“They called us the Brat Pack and I suppose we were. There was myself, Craig Bellamy, Jermaine Jenas, Titus Bramble and Carl Cort. “We were doing well on the pitch and intent on enjoying ourselves off it, but we got into oo many scrapes.

“But that is the problem you have in a city like Newcastle. I look at Andy Carroll and you can see the same problems.” It was Jenas who said it was like living in a “goldfi sh bowl” and why he wanted out for Spurs.

You get a feeling looking at Carroll he is not about to heed any warnings while he is at Newcastle. He needs to change club and at least give himself a chance of doing the very best he can. He needs to get out of his comfort zone and really challenge himself.

But, most of all, he needs to start looking after himself like a professional footballer. His choice.

It's lucky he didn't want to moralise about the trouble Carroll has been in or he may have spent even more than half of the article detailing each incident.

He has a point though, if only Gazza had left friends and family in little Newcastle at 21 and moved to a bigger city where he could get away from those hangers on and live a peaceful life things could have been so different. Perhaps Carroll should follow the example of Dyer whose career blossomed once he moved on.

The piece was repeated and linked to - job done.

This. The rags are just as bad as the likes of TalkSport, it's all with the aim of riling people up to get the publicity, if we give it the time of day we're only in the palm of their hands.