Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Bolton fans have been on Nolan's back for a while now and I'm sure that isn't helping his form either.

Anyway, I think is greatest chance of being succesful here will be down to who we sign to play alongside him. It will need to be someone better than Butt.

Weren't Bolton fans slating Guthrie this summer? Well he has been our best central midfielder this season.

I think Trotter underestimates how awful we are in this area of the pitch.

Nolan probably knows the fans are on his back. If (that's a hypothetical statement btw, not a rallying cry) our fans are behind him from his debut, he might just feel a bit of a buzz. And like i say, if he's employed in an attacking role - which you'd expect - and he makes a decent start, he might just go on a decent run. New club syndrome, typething.

Just got a feeling this'll be a decent signing. He's got the ability.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out because at the moment we don't know if he's being signed because we missed out on our other midfield target or if it's a reaction to Barton's injury.

Indeed and its an expensive reaction to an injury if its that mind.

He hasn't impressed me for a while but that could be because he isn't playing with the same calibre of players he used to (Diouf, Campo,Djorkaeff etc) or the change in managers. So maybe if he came to us with our players and manager, oh wait.....

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out because at the moment we don't know if he's being signed because we missed out on our other midfield target or if it's a reaction to Barton's injury.

Indeed and its an expensive reaction to an injury if its that mind.

But a necassary one, i reckon. Nolan's a relatively safe bet. It makes sense aswell though - don't you think? Barton out for ten weeks? Guthrie out for eight? Plus, given Kinnear's total inability to keep our targets concealed, this has come very much out of the blue...

Like i said earlier in the thread - this decision was probably made this morning and, in fairness to the negotiators, they've acted pretty quickly.

I thought Guthrie was only out for a few weeks?

He might be, i'm not entirely sure... but he's out and we're short regardless. The Barton injury was a bit of a killer and in fairness to the guys at the top, they've recognised the problem and tried to rectify it immediately. Makes you wonder why they couldn't have done it with other targets before now, like? But then - the decision was made this morning, thus not allowing any time for Kinnear to go infront of the press and kill any potential transfer with his shite.

This will be a very underwhelming signing but I think he'll soon enough win over the fans.  I heard from an old Newcastle player once that all you have to do is "go out there and try your hardest and the Newcastle fans will love you" (paraphrase obviously).  Kevin Nolan fits this bill to the T.  He goes out and puts in an honest shift every time he's on the pitch, he battles for every ball and he has experience of being a club captain - not to mention he can chip in with a few goals from time to time.  He will soon enough win over the naysayers.