Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

The thing I like about Krul is something I had with Given- I always thought "Ah, he'll save that one" or be confident with him getting a hand on that shot, just a general feeling of safety in goal. I think Harper's the better player still but I don't have the same kind of feeling with him.

If you get that? :lol:

Krul's been out on loan already. He's by no means the finished article but if he's good enough to be on the bench then he has to be good enough to start.

Fuck it, let's give him the chance he deserves and see if he sinks. Personally I think he'll swim.

Well said Daveed.

The thing I like about Krul is something I had with Given- I always thought "Ah, he'll save that one" or be confident with him getting a hand on that shot, just a general feeling of safety in goal. I think Harper's the better player still but I don't have the same kind of feeling with him.

If you get that? :lol:

Im not there with Krul yet, but i know what excactly what u mean.

He could be found out to be average, but so far from everything we've seen he's good to very good.

He may concede a few that Harper wouldn't through experience, but conversely I'm sure he'll save a few that Harper wouldn't have had a chance with reflex-wise.

He's been around for five years.  If we're not going to give him the chance to cover an injury, what's the point in having him?

Love it how Krul seems to celebrate every time he gets on the pitch. (Pictures reminding me of the Palermo night)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/104247889.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E611761223BB1517DA811403232696E54C234F984542422C57

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/104247878.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6D6E8E4485810C45F811403232696E54C42538C1B9414706F http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104247871.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6E9E8F3ABAA039087811403232696E54CD9F8AEB6CA7FBE21

"is that how you hit him, Andy?"

Proof that Krul is a timelord, Carroll doesn't move a centimeter between those 2 photo's.

This experience is what he needs to progress. It's not the best time for it to be happening for the club obviously but these things happen in football. He will make the odd mistake, it is inevitable but hopefully he learns from it and by the end of the season we could have a real challenge for the number one. At least our defence is fairly settled right now too.

I don't think there's much doubt over his shot stopping ability, in the limited time he's had in the first team he's pulled off 2 or 3 very good saves, but we'll certainly find out how capable he is dealing with direct teams that love putting pressure on keepers when Stoke turn up on Sunday. Long throws and deep crosses ahoy! I think he'll be fine, he looks promising.

I'm more confident with Harper between the sticks this season than with Krul for some reason.

I know he's a quality keeper, I guess it's possibly because he's very young and could potentially go to pieces under pressure still. Really hope not, I'm just not happy to see him forced into the first team like this.

Still, he could rise to the occasion and be a revelation, hope he does.

What's with all the calls for an emergency loan? Krul will start the games, and Söderberg will be on the bench. It's not like it's usual to sub the goalies in a match unless there's an injury, and if Krul gets injured Söderberg would only get the minutes left in the match. If Krul also gets injured we'd be ripe for an emergency GK loan, but now? What's the use of a second keeper if we won't use him when he'w what we've got?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I agree we don't need to loan another keeper, Krul is good enough to start and Soderberg is unproven but the odds of him playing are minimal, if we can recall Fraser Forster then we really don't need a new GK.

We can't recall Forster.

He's made into Garth Crooks team of the week on the BBC site (along with Coloccini and Ben Arfa). 

That's fucking ridiculous. Made 1 save that my mother could have made in the first half, and grabbed a rebound off the post whilst lying flat on his back. And that, by my reckoning, was that.

He's made into Garth Crooks team of the week on the BBC site (along with Coloccini and Ben Arfa). 

That's f***ing ridiculous. Made 1 save that my mother could have made in the first half, and grabbed a rebound off the post whilst lying flat on his back. And that, by my reckoning, was that.

Saved the one on on with Yakabu too, i love to see his name there, i guess its mostly because the other keepers didn't do much as well this week.

"I wouldn't mind where a loan was and wouldn't rule out abroad if it was a good club and a good team, no disrespect to a club that's fighting relegation and getting pummelled every week - though at the minute that probably seems better than what I'm doing."

Dear me.