Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

If we can build a team around him, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye and Ba, I think we can have a very good team.

We're not in the business of building a team. We're in the business of profitable transfer churn while maintaining as decent a finish in the Premier League as possible.

He's worth more than that, one of the best keepers in the league, however think totenham are really shopping. When Reina leaves anfield (he's overrated at times but got to get pissed at them and go at some point) they could come knocking. Didn't krul say he wanted to stay here for years? Hope he was telling the truth!

Guest Roger Kint

People beleiving the fucking Sun  :idiot2:

Well I know it's unlikely he'll go, but it's the idea that they're trying to unsettle us. If it's not Ba, it's Tiote. If it's not Tiote, it's Krul. Just a bit annoyed by it now.

Tbf it only unsettles fans who chose to beleive their shit. The club, player and other clubs dont do their scouting in the Red Tops. Its a different thing entirely to the Ba talk.

If we can build a team around him, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye and Ba, I think we can have a very good team.

We're not in the business of building a team. We're in the business of profitable transfer churn while maintaining as decent a finish in the Premier League as possible.

Sad but true. The logic (in this case) of business i.e. risk and reward should promote a more long term strategy in my opinion considering the amount of extra revenue a European competition would bring the club. I'm therefore hoping we can keep top players for longer and maintain a top 7 place for many years to come.

I remember when Falkirk fans rated Robert Olejnik higher than him. He's at Torquay United now.

The Falkirk fans were very impressed with Krul iirc, some even stated he has the best 'keeper in their entire history.

One thing I don't understand is this idea that if someone comes up with 15m (Spurs basically) we'll just sell straight away. Good keepers are hard to come by especially those with light years ahead in their career. Consider the fact with our latest signing Cisse and why would you strengthen so well in one area only to weaken yourself massively by selling your starting keeper who is happy at the club??

Krul has proved himself, is key to the success with Colo at the back so what would be the point in selling him for 15m when you'd have to a) find and pay for a replacement and b) probably lose money in terms of the points we would lose not having him between the sticks directly affecting our place in the league.

I just don't see how selling him even for a profit would be of any benefit looking at the bigger picture. He's top drawer, has proved himself, loves the club, is probably excited just as we are at the latest signing so why would the club even think of selling? Goal keeper is a crucial position and hard to replace.

Just paper nonense???

The other problem is, if we're treating this pure business, doesn't Krul still have ages left on his contract? Krul is only going to get better and is going to be worth more before his value drops. Can't see selling him now makes any sense.

Guest bimpy474

The other problem is, if we're treating this pure business, doesn't Krul still have ages left on his contract? Krul is only going to get better and is going to be worth more before his value drops. Can't see selling him now makes any sense.

He'll be getting a better terms one without a doubt very soon for me.