Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Surely it has to be Carroll - In 2009 he was 3rd choice striker at best until Shola got injured and he had his prolonged chance(over the course of the year both Prem/Champ)

I'm sure Simpson was banging on, on twitter, about thanking the fans for being voted most improved player or something. Maybe he's decided himself

Toss up between Simpson, Barton and Coloccini for our most improved player of 2010.

And the winner is......

Andy Carroll.

Carroll has looked like a proper player for longer than Simpson.

Only have to go back to February to see people calling him to be dropped ;)

Without trawling the threads - do you mean Simpson or AC?

I remember plenty on here were not in favour of Simpson getting a contract when he did.

Carroll.

And again can't be arsed to trawl  ;) - but what were people saying about Simpson?

I'm sure Simpson was banging on, on twitter, about thanking the fans for being voted most improved player or something. Maybe he's decided himself

Toss up between Simpson, Barton and Coloccini for our most improved player of 2010.

And the winner is......

Andy Carroll.

Carroll has looked like a proper player for longer than Simpson.

Only have to go back to February to see people calling him to be dropped ;)

Without trawling the threads - do you mean Simpson or AC?

I remember plenty on here were not in favour of Simpson getting a contract when he did.

Carroll.

And again can't be arsed to trawl  ;) - but what were people saying about Simpson?

He was shit, not championship standard etc..

Well it certainly isn't Coloccini because he was playing superbly well last season too.

I believe last season did encompass half of 2010.

He was playing well for half of 2009 too.

I didnt think Simpson was up to it at this level, thought he would be awful BUT he has played quite well overall - seems solid enough without being spectacular. I wish he would stop backing off though, doing it for a few yards is one thing BUT he does it for a good 15-20 yards and before you know it their player is in our box

• 1 month later...

He was another reason for our point today he never let his head go down and was always getting stuck in.  I hope that he continues to improve because he could turn out to be some player and I genuinely think he's happy to be here and enjoying it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Some class 'last man' tackles from him today, and looked like only one of three players that gave a shit in the first half (along side Tioté and Barton). Gets a lot of stick on here at times, so its nice to see him getting a bit of praise.