NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Its from corrieredellosport, can view it on their site.

Google translates it badly though.

For this reason, Olympique Marseille, the French champion in office, decided to grant a one-year loan to the talented striker who is able to be wearing the Rossoneri, is the substitute Pato is to Ronaldinho. OM has established one million euros the cost of the loan while the right of redemption was fixed in 7-8 million.

On a Milan forum...

it looks like some crap rumour and when i see Il Corriere dello Sport, i stop reading..

The Daily Heil have picked up on it now and brought Everton into the fray aswell...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297784/Everton-Newcastle-alert-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-ready-leave-Marseille.html

But you'll be one of the first to whinge when they're not doing it on the pitch, I bet.

Still, carry on.

The only time I would ever "whinge" about a player not doing it on the pitch is if it was someone who wasn't good enough and should never have been signed in the first place.

If we took a gamble on a talent like Ben Arfa (or someone like say Anelka, when we were linked to him countless times in the past), players that are better than what we have/had, then imo it's a risk worth taking and I for one would not "whinge" if that risk didn't pay off. I'd be gutted yes, but I wouldn't "whinge" about it.

We were never gonna get Ben Arfa, perhaps on loan but a long term deal just never seemed likely. Shame, because a player like that, someone who can produce a little bit of magic every now and then would have been ideal imo.

It sounds like Marseilles and / or his agent are only trying to bump other clubs to firm up their interest, by feeding the press these stories about how we're about to jet in and sign him etc etc. It's a common enough trick.

I doubt that he's the right player for us, at this time, anyway.

Lets sum up:

Loads of sites, good or bad, have linked us to Ben Arfa

Loads of peeps on here say it wont happen

Loads of peeps on here are hopeful it will

Does this save us another 10 pages of theads?  :razz:

Nah man it goes:

Rumours of Ben Afra joining spread, despite evidence that points to the contrary.

Most are rightly sceptical but a select few go a bit overboard.

Similar rumours of him joining Milan begin to spread.

The select few desperately cling to straws rubbishing any source that carries the Milan rumour, despite the fact sources no more reliable than those initially linked us with the player.

The majority begin to get pissed off with the select few when the thread grows a page every ten minutes implying something significant has happened.

Guest secteur2010

But you'll be one of the first to whinge when they're not doing it on the pitch, I bet.

Still, carry on.

The only time I would ever "whinge" about a player not doing it on the pitch is if it was someone who wasn't good enough and should never have been signed in the first place.

If we took a gamble on a talent like Ben Arfa (or someone like say Anelka, when we were linked to him countless times in the past), players that are better than what we have/had, then imo it's a risk worth taking and I for one would not "whinge" if that risk didn't pay off. I'd be gutted yes, but I wouldn't "whinge" about it.

Touchy. Think I struck a nerve.

I'd be happy with him. Definitely better than Smith. Wouldn't cost much either.

Looked decent at the world cup, not really a great guarentee. We were supposed to be out looking/scouting someone in the world cup though.

Like you say got to be better than Smith either way.

Guest Heneage

Arevalo was massively impressive during the World Cup, complete dynamo. Hopefully there's something in that one, but I won't hold my breath.

I thought he'd joined Catania.

Does anybody really give a crap if we sign controversial or temperamental players as long as they do the business on the pitch ?

Ok you cannot guarantee that a player will be successful but surely it's worth taking a risk on someone who is only available because of attitude rather than ability ? A player, who given our current standing, we'd never be able to attract if they didn't have bad points ?

Bellamy was controversial and Robert was temperamental yet those 2 changed us from a bottom half of the table side to a one in the top 4 almost over night.  What I'd give for a couple of signings like them 2 now.

Did anybody see anything wrong with team spirit when Robert scored the 3rd in the 3-1 win at Highbury, when Nobby scored the 4th in 4-3 win at Elland Road or when Dabizas scored the only goal at the SOL ?

I hate it when people talk about the character or attitude of a player we're being linked with. As long as they're not a nonce, granny basher or murderer I couldn't care less as long as they're better than what we already have at the club.

Exactly. That's what pisses me off the most. There's certainly an element of fans that like to get on the moral high-ground when it comes to the players' personalities..

Bellamy is a cunt, Robert isn't interested, N'Zogbia is moody, Martins is thick.. Well, we replaced them all with ultra-experienced honest professionals and it did us the world of good, didn't it..

Yeah it did. It got us promoted.

I love how much offense some people are taking to others possibly hoping Ben Arfa comes here, so much so that they instantly believed a report from Goal.com

I was going to have a bit of a rant/moan about it, but can't be bothered. At the end of the day some people are just extraordinarily negative. We're linked to a player and some people just enjoy discussing the possibility, however far fetched. It's typically what is done during the summer. However, due to some kind of inferioirty complex or defense mechanism, this is apparently too much for some, because if we don't sign them it apparently makes them suicidal. Very strange.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Arevalo was massively impressive during the World Cup, complete dynamo. Hopefully there's something in that one, but I won't hold my breath.

Was he the long haired one who played very similar to Jonas but with an end product. (i know ive just described most offensive south americans) :)

I love how much offense some people are taking to others possibly hoping Ben Arfa comes here, so much so that they instantly believed a report from Goal.com

I was going to have a bit of a rant/moan about it, but can't be bothered. At the end of the day some people are just extraordinarily negative. We're linked to a player and some people just enjoy discussing the possibility, however far fetched. It's typically what is done during the summer. However, due to some kind of inferioirty complex or defense mechanism, this is apparently too much for some, because if we don't sign them it apparently makes them suicidal. Very strange.

:thup:

Was he the long haired one who played very similar to Jonas but with an end product. (i know ive just described most offensive south americans) :)

He was the bald guy who played the defensive midfield/holding role for Uruguay. Very good ball winner.

Guest Heneage

No he's small and bald.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just seen his pic on the link. Aggressive centre midfielder, in the mould of Mascherano is a more apt description i think

It's not 'extraordinarily negative' when a player fits absolutely none of the criteria/restrictions we are currently saddled with.

People start typing up formations ffs. :lol:

It's nice to discuss it. I think we are all smart enough to realise that most of the players linked won't come. I just like thinking where they would slot into our team.

Wouldn't be a very active thread if it was 'Ben Arfa linked' 'nah, next.' 'Murphy' 'nah, next' and so on.