Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Has anyone seen the footage on DM? It appears to me that Mikel lead with the elbow and Tiote dropped to the floor, Meireles did a thumbs up! Can someone else confirm this? If this is true, then it's fucking disgusting. To be happy that a fellow player gets a potentially serious injury is just sickening. I can only wish that someone snaps Meireles legs into 4 pieces and ends his career for good. What an utter cunt!

Fuck me, he does as well. Can see it quite clearly on the highlights on NUFCTV around 5.38 in. Fucking horrible team they are, as dirty as you can possibly get.

Guest pintofscottsellers

That pass was brilliant like, class last night, shame he went off, hope he's back on Sunday to inflict pain on De Jong

Search for Cheik Tiote - The Midfield Boss to see it again

Cheers mate, love how he looks away when he makes the pass

http://i50.tinypic.com/faybkl.jpg

The ref couldn't have been much nearer or have had a clearer view of the blatant elbow. Really makes you wonder about how they think in certain situations.

Pardew on Cheik:

“He’s fine, he’s got a big nine-inch gap on his head. And about 14million stitches!

“That’s just a scratch to him – he’s fine.”

Cheik on Cheik:

I can’t remember any of it, but the most important thing is I feel great. It’s just a cut on the side.”

“If you play in midfield your have to let people hurt you and be ready for it.

“It’s fine for me though, I will be OK for Sunday.

Nails!

Would love it if he followed that up with "there's a certain Dutch man I'm looking forward to meeting on Sunday afternoon - now where's Shola, I need to eat an apple while riding my bike"

I spotted that pass he made a plit second before, but I never thought he would do it. His confidence looked to be oozing last night and he basically bossed the game.

What a man.

:tiote:

Strange isn't it, because his passing was woeful at Wigan. It very much seems to be the case that he puts in big performances against the bigger sides.

Has anyone seen the footage on DM? It appears to me that Mikel lead with the elbow and Tiote dropped to the floor, Meireles did a thumbs up! Can someone else confirm this? If this is true, then it's fucking disgusting. To be happy that a fellow player gets a potentially serious injury is just sickening. I can only wish that someone snaps Meireles legs into 4 pieces and ends his career for good. What an utter cunt!

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Back to his best last night.  The only reason last 30 mins was uncomfortable was after he went off.

So pleased he's fit for the weekend. In a team that's absolutely brimming with explosive talent, he's still one of my favourite players to watch. So good in possession and so good off the ball. He's going to be massive on Sunday, predicting a good game from him.

So pleased he's fit for the weekend. In a team that's absolutely brimming with explosive talent, he's still one of my favourite players to watch. So good in possession and so good off the ball. He's going to be massive on Sunday, predicting a good game from him.

Yup. These are the sort of games where he's usually at his best.

:)

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/143820496.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588D99D7755C1EFCF1D4ACBF37E97E31F2DF8BB418EF4A7B3E9

Did Pardew say 9 inch gash?

And 400 stitches!!!!

:thup:

Sounds daft when we have Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse and Coloccini but Tiote is still my favourite player of the lot.

So many times people have said on here that he's the one we can afford to lose out of everyone, I'd hate it if he left, he just makes it so, so difficult for players to hurt us.

Absolutely.