Leon Best

Godot

He's clearly a player who can work at this level. He already has a Premiership hat trick to his name, scored an important goal against the Arse last season and he's picked off a couple of goals to get us another 3 points today. He cost less than £2 million but clubs (including us) have paid a lot more for a lot less.

Michael Owen was awful for 80 minutes in a lot of games he played. He scored lots of goals and won games though. I remember that West Ham hattrick and despite the goals Owen was shocking, did we care?

If Best is awful for 45 minutes but wins us lots of games is he a bad player? Sorry, meant league start btw.

I wud quite happily have him touch the ball once all game if he scored with it each time.... :pow:

Decent centre-forward is Best. Never gonna break records but i'm delighted to have him in the squad; the murmurings early-summer about him being stuck on the transfer list were scandalous. Still got faith in Ba, but there's every chance Leon's the best striker at the club, he certainly took his goals well today.

Michael Owen was awful for 80 minutes in a lot of games he played. He scored lots of goals and won games though. I remember that West Ham hattrick and despite the goals Owen was shocking, did we care?

If Best is awful for 45 minutes but wins us lots of games is he a bad player? Sorry, meant league start btw.

I agree with you btw Cajun, was more stating that most strikers have a tendancy to go missing so it's a bit harsh to critisise him for  "only having a good 45 mins".

If he was from the continent and had signed last January instead of the one before people would be raving about him imo

Guest palnese

Tim "Unbelievable" Krul and Leon "Definitely" Best.

That 2nd goal today was top class. Never expected a touch like that from him tbh.

That 2nd goal today was top class. Never expected a touch like that from him tbh.

To be fair, neither did he most probably.

His technique is just so...goofy.  He often looks clumsy on the ball but I can't argue with a player who's scoring goals.  If he keeps scoring he should keep starting (which is obvious but I don't think it'll be the case).

Thought he bullied Hangeland at times, I also think his game is very underrated.  He wins a lot in the air, links up fairly well and has quite good feet, if a bit clumsy at times.  He also has 8 goals in 12 games, which is a positive  :lol:

Still don't get why so many fans at the ground seem to dislike him?  Would have a few good touches then lay it off to a team mate and certain sections of the ground were up in arms about it and were jeering him  :lol: WTF is that all about.  So many near me with the usual 'Leon Best is fucking shite man, why didn't Pardew take him off' followed by chanting his name when he scored 3 minutes later  :laugh: same fans that would jeer us keeping possession and playing it around at the back as oppose to hoofing it long  :idiot2:

When Ben Arfa is back and will be the interlink between midfield and attack. Would Best/Ba be the worst scenario we could possibly encounter? Ba certainly has been lively with movement for WH earlier. And Best know how to put his chances his goal ratio more then proves that tbf.

With decent fullbacks I think we really are okay. But a luxury talent at the CF position wouldn't offcourse be a no from me.

Having to eat my words a lot recently, but I'm starting to think that best could lead the line for us. It's clear he has the drive and determination to make himself a success at the club and that's clearly showing on the pitch where he constantly puts in 100%.

He's got everything in his game, like a very poor man's drogba; has the physicality and guile to create chances for himself. Perhaps he's not so clever on the ball, ie doesn't have an eye for a pass but good all the same.

Hope he makes a success of himself to be honest, like his attitude.

His technique is just so...goofy.  He often looks clumsy on the ball but I can't argue with a player who's scoring goals.  If he keeps scoring he should keep starting (which is obvious but I don't think it'll be the case).

:idiot2: I'm sure this is the same Best who has always shown pretty good close control, his flaw is that once he starts taking someone on, his head drops and he loses track of where he is on the pitch and what he's doing.

If he can keep his goalscoring up. And I do bet he will have alot more chances once HBA comes back and the new fullback is here and allows us to throw more into attack. Best really is lethal in the box, he shows it game after game. Kind of Van Nistelrooyish. If he can keep fit over the course of a season and we can get the delivery for him. Why couldn't he be a 15-20 goals a season striker?

If he can keep his goalscoring up. And I do bet he will have alot more chances once HBA comes back and the new fullback is here and allows us to throw more into attack. Best really is lethal in the box, he shows it game after game. Kind of Van Nistelrooyish. If he can keep fit over the course of a season and we can get the delivery for him. Why couldn't he be a 15-20 goals a season striker?

As long as we can provide the ammunition for him, he starts regularly, and he stays fit, i am confident he cud get a decent goals return this season...