Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

If there are 5 English teams in the Champions League, there can only be two in the Europa League. 7 is the maximum any country can have in European competition.

If Arsenal finished 6th but won the Europa League, the teams in 5th and 7th qualify for the that competition next season.

Guest neesy111

How come there are so many empty seats at the Nou Camp ?

Attendances have been down all season due to the Independence stuff.

I saw this post in the Sunderland thread:

What's the craic with Rodwell - has he given up on playing for the club and is just therefore happy to draw his wages?

Essentially.

It's quite shameful really. As a professional, you'd think he would want to play and therefore put that ahead of wages. Wasn't it Winston Bogarde who did a similar thing at Chelsea? :(

And it got me wondering.

I have this memory of that time at Chelsea - it was when Adrian Mutu and Mark Bosnich got done for cocaine use. I remember Bogarde coming out (years later, but talking of that period) and saying that Chelsea tried to stitch him up with a cocaine sting. And yet, I can find no evidence of this; surely there would be something, because I'm pretty sure I'm not creative enough to come up with that by myself!

Does anyone else share any of these memories?

Guest chicken little

Does anyone else share any of these memories?

I remember hearing that.

As for Bogarde, he did nowt wrong in my opinion - fulfilled all the obligation of his contract, turned up, trained, put work in. If the club were daft enough to give him that contract it's tough shit if they change their mind down the line.

Semi-entertaining quiz if you're bored and want to kill ten minutes. It's fairly easy, and you'll want to turn the sound off like. Didn't count how many I got, but got a couple wrong at least.

Guest firetotheworks

why do we have a pre match thread that gets locked then a totally new thread when the game starts?

Just a guess, but so we all know which page the match starts on. It keeps everything tidy.

Semi-entertaining quiz if you're bored and want to kill ten minutes. It's fairly easy, and you'll want to turn the sound off like. Didn't count how many I got, but got a couple wrong at least.

Got em all right cept Switzerland.

why do we have a pre match thread that gets locked then a totally new thread when the game starts?

Just a guess, but so we all know which page the match starts on. It keeps everything tidy.

Also the pre-match thread is locked to keep all actual match discussion and post-match in one place. Before we started doing it, both threads carried on.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems an appropriate thread to ask this question?

If you could swap our squad with another squad in the PL (below Arsenal) and give it to Rafa: which teams squad would you choose and why?