Sammy Ameobi released

James

• 2 weeks later...

He's rough around the edges but I love having Sammy in the team, tbh. I still think he's got the potential to be a really good player and he's well worth his place in the side atm. Whether he'll ever reach the heights of England's best other wingers remains to be seen - but he's a Premier League standard player without question.

In amongst a few Ameobi moments he had a strong game. Defensively he importantly found himself in the right place at the right time quite a few times and is growing as a PL wide man. Still day dreams a little and allows them to overlap but I'm not sure how much of that is tactics as he isn't alone in doing so.

He's gradually improving his all-round game and is starting to show some end product; goals and assists are coming now. He's worth having.

:thup: He's always been talented, but frustrating due to some erratic decision making on the pitch. If he can improve in that regard permanently he's a good player.

He worked hard and set up the winner. I'm not sure he was great though, I couldn't believe he didn't go off when Cabella did because he looked (as usual) knackered. Fair play to him though for the winner.

I'm still not convinced by him at all, but I have to say I like him a hell of a lot more than other supposedly better players we've had over the years. He's likeable, an academy product and he does good things.