Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It will be funny tomorrow when people come into this thread and accuse others of trying to pick fault and be pessimistic when the club's on something of a high on the pitch.  That's obviously not what people are doing but it'll be said.  Or maybe not now that I've posted this.

He was probably asked about it. So many drama queens in here desperate to find fault.

"Alan, would you say that the Yohan situation is similar to the recent BBC iPad controversy? What would David Frost do?"

:lol:

Pards is weird, man :lol: part of me is starting to find it funny on the back of a couple wins.

He was probably asked about it. So many drama queens in here desperate to find fault.

"Alan, would you say that the Yohan situation is similar to the recent BBC iPad controversy? What would David Frost do?"

Pards is weird, man :lol: part of me is starting to find it funny on the back of a couple wins.

Whatever you think of the bloke there's no denying he loves the sound of his own voice.

Anyone read this bit

"Yohan gives you a composure on the ball," said Newcastle's manager. "He takes a second longer on the ball and because of that he just makes the right decisions. As an example of what pressure can do to you I saw that BBC news reader pick up that wad of A4 paper instead of his iPad. There's no way you can do that unless pressure's involved and stress is kicking in – you just don't make that mistake.

"That's what you have to understand with footballers. You play in front of 52,000 here and the expectations you're playing under huge expectations. Some people ride the pressure better. Would David Frost have picked that pad of paper up by mistake? Or would he have picked his iPad up? The point I'm trying to make is that Yohan is that type of player who, whatever the scenario, can be calm and deliver the pass."

from here http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/19/yohan-cabaye-newcastle-united

Cabaye, apparently the David Frost of footballers  ???

And the transformation to Alan Partridge is complete

Anyone read this bit

"Yohan gives you a composure on the ball," said Newcastle's manager. "He takes a second longer on the ball and because of that he just makes the right decisions. As an example of what pressure can do to you I saw that BBC news reader pick up that wad of A4 paper instead of his iPad. There's no way you can do that unless pressure's involved and stress is kicking in – you just don't make that mistake.

"That's what you have to understand with footballers. You play in front of 52,000 here and the expectations you're playing under huge expectations. Some people ride the pressure better. Would David Frost have picked that pad of paper up by mistake? Or would he have picked his iPad up? The point I'm trying to make is that Yohan is that type of player who, whatever the scenario, can be calm and deliver the pass."

from here http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/19/yohan-cabaye-newcastle-united

Cabaye, apparently the David Frost of footballers  ???

And the transformation to Alan Partridge is complete

On the sidelines "Hatem, Hatem, Hatem, HATEM, HATEM, HATEM! He's not heard me"

"HATEM, HATEM, HATEM, HATEM"

"HATEM, HATEM, HATEM, I'll speak to him at half time"

"HATEM!"

:spit:

"HATEM!"

"HATEM!"

Anyone prepared to speak the truth about him or are you all still having a man crush over him?

Fucking shit, not had a good game since we beat Man Utd a year and a half ago. Does fuck all, saw him a few times just letting opposition players not run passed him but walk passed him with the ball, can't think of a decent pass he's pulled off for a while, shoots from range with the ball going into L7, takes the shittest set pieces ever. Honestly why does he still take set pieces? Anita, Ben Arfa, and Sissoko have all shown they can take a better corner than him or indirect freekick, direct freekicks yeah maybe he should get them but nothing else. Hopefully we can cash in on him and get someone else in who can do the job, Will Hughes or McCarthy are both better than him.

Not just losing my rag because we lost but Cabaye, is he actually any better than Danny Guthrie?

Goes missing in most games you hardly know he's there, both Anita and Sissoko completely outshone him today, all I ever see him do is give away free kicks, take utterly abysmal corners and free kicks cannot shoot for toffee and just basically does f*** all for 90 minutes.

If he wants to f*** off in January I'm all for it if we bring in a half decent replacement.