Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Great upturn in form here recently, really contributes and has an impact on games now that he has more license to go forward.

However, his corners are so rubbish it hurts my eyes. It's been a problem all season, but we've score ONE goal from a corner and hit the bar once or twice. Abysmal.

Great upturn in form here recently, really contributes and has an impact on games now that he has more license to go forward.

However, his corners are so rubbish it hurts my eyes. It's been a problem all season, but we've score ONE goal from a corner and hit the bar once or twice. Abysmal.

Not as bad as Hatem's  :lol:

Needs work yeah, we seem to want to do a lot of corners into the near post and too often wasted, rather than at least getting some pinball going in their box.

I thought his corners in the first few games were excellent. I remember saying thank fuck ryan taylor isn't on corners anymore.

I think a relative lack of targets is an issue too - if Steven Taylor had stayed fit we would have scored a few more for sure

I think a relative lack of targets is an issue too - if Steven Taylor had stayed fit we would have scored a few more for sure

Aye, this is more of the issue. We don't offer a massive aerial threat. Williamson's good in the air defensively and Ba and Cisse seem good with their head from open play but haven't seen much threat at a set-piece.

This if we can't get into the box, pass it to ben arfa, he'll run it into the box, beat 6 defenders, meg the keeper twice, make himself a light lunch of croissant and cold cuts and knock it in off both posts and crossbar with his left bollock.

Slightly fixed that for you :)

Have we even scored from a corner this season?  Either directly or from the second ball?  Our corner and free kick routines seem to be awful.

This if we can't get into the box, pass it to ben arfa, he'll run it into the box, beat 6 defenders, meg the keeper twice, make himself a light lunch of croissant and cold cuts and knock it in off both posts and crossbar with his left bollock.

Slightly fixed that for you :)

Have we even scored from a corner this season?  Either directly or from the second ball?  Our corner and free kick routines seem to be awful.

Ba scored on a corner away vs Wolves. That's the only direct one I remember..

I've always thought Jonas should take right footed inswinging corners. Everyone i've seen from him has been class.

Yeah, Jonas' corners were decent last season. Think we should let him take a few in the next couple of games or so - might as well, I mean it's not like we've been a proper threat from corners this season.

Good lad Yohan, doing a little tapping up today were we?

All our French players are underpaid but given commission when we get another Frenchie. It was HBA who got Cabaye and the cycle continues!

http://www.football365.fr/etranger/angleterre/yohan-cabaye-revient-sur-bon-parcours-de-newcastle-et-vote-ben-arfa-838631.shtml

Now people are saying Newcastle was the right choice because we're fourth or fifth in the table and we're going to play in Europe. People weren't saying that when I left. I knew it was the right choice because I was going to play.We've had a great season. There are still five games to go and we need to go out and get what we want and why not a Champions League place.

It's the best league in the world for me. There are no easy games. The tempo is very high. I'm progressing and I've no regrets.

Hatem often asks me things about what's going on within the French squad. He's working enormously hard.He's scoring important goals, beautiful goals. He's in form.I don't know if I can be objective when it comes to Hatem but he's playing great at the moment. I really hope he'll be in the 23 for Euro 2012. It's not my decision, but if it was I'd take him.

Btw follow this guy on twitter who translated it: https://twitter.com/#!/davidmcrossan

Paris based sports journalist and a toon fan.