Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He was good in 2006/2007 and we would've certainly been relegated without him. Was okay in patches for 2007/2008 and was fantastic under KK towards the end.

Was utterly gutless and arguably feigned injury during the relegation season, which brought him down in my estimation a lot.

On the topic of Martins, did a google on his name to see what he was up to lately.

Unsettled Martins Lifts Russian Club

02 Apr 2012

MTNFOOTBALL.COM

Out of favour Nigeria striker, Obafemi Martins was the match winner for Rubin Kazan as they upstaged Anzhi 1-0 in the Russian title playoffs.

‘Obagoal’, who has been unsettled in Russia amid speculations that he could soon be rejoining Newcastle in the English Premier League, scored in the 50th minute to give his club a much-needed home win, reports MTNFootball.com.

Rubin Kazan have now climbed to fifth place in the eight-team playoffs.

They have 61 points from 37 matches and back within the bracket for a place in the UEFA Europa League next season.

The ex-Inter Milan striker said he was delighted that he crowned a rare start for his club with a goal.

The 27-year-old Martins has been far from happy in Russia and last week he was back in England with rumours again making the rounds that he could soon be back featuring in the EPL.

His young family still stay in England.

He posted a short loan spell at Birmingham City last season during which time he helped them to win the League Cup before they were relegated to the English Championship.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/unsettled-martins-lifts-russian-club/112822/

What the fuck? :lol:

On the topic of Martins, did a google on his name to see what he was up to lately.

Unsettled Martins Lifts Russian Club

02 Apr 2012

MTNFOOTBALL.COM

Out of favour Nigeria striker, Obafemi Martins was the match winner for Rubin Kazan as they upstaged Anzhi 1-0 in the Russian title playoffs.

‘Obagoal’, who has been unsettled in Russia amid speculations that he could soon be rejoining Newcastle in the English Premier League, scored in the 50th minute to give his club a much-needed home win, reports MTNFootball.com.

Rubin Kazan have now climbed to fifth place in the eight-team playoffs.

They have 61 points from 37 matches and back within the bracket for a place in the UEFA Europa League next season.

The ex-Inter Milan striker said he was delighted that he crowned a rare start for his club with a goal.

The 27-year-old Martins has been far from happy in Russia and last week he was back in England with rumours again making the rounds that he could soon be back featuring in the EPL.

His young family still stay in England.

He posted a short loan spell at Birmingham City last season during which time he helped them to win the League Cup before they were relegated to the English Championship.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/unsettled-martins-lifts-russian-club/112822/

What the fuck? :lol:

Still only 27?  Just a year older than Ba and Cisse then.

Yeah, now you've got it. :lol:

I said I wanted him to break Martins' record.

Thanks for proving what I really wanted to point out that you make pointless argument just for the sake of arguing. If all you wanted to say was that you want Ba to break Martins' record, why bother arguing against Henderson highlighting how good Martins is and how he scored all those goals in a relatively "far inferior team", clearly extolling the virtues of Martins. All that is pointless but that's just the way you are.

Make sure you don't refer back to any of our former player again, if it's so pointless. Martins had a good season in a shocking side, it's as simple as that. Hopefully Ba sorts himself out and gets a goal or two in our remaining fixtures.

He really should have scored yesterday with that chance from the Ben Arfa cross, should have just headed it straight into the back of the net. Still good to see he seemed to be enjoying it a lot more than recently, had a massive grin on after Cabaye scored his second.

Was a carbon copy of Cisse's first vs Liverpool.  Should have headed it, but when you see it back, he gets a right shove in the back from Shawcross/Huth/Generic Stoke Thug and he does well to stay on his feet.  Most would have been barged over and would probably have got the pen, certainly did enough to stop him getting a better connection and scoring.

Thought he was fairly unlucky not to score and he was looking nearly back to his best.  Still lacking confidence mind, got 1 on 1 with the defenders a few times and elected to pass or shoot from long range.

He had plenty of chances playing up the middle, he rotated with Cisse less than normal and spent a lot of time playing as the main striker.  He's probably our only player that was more effective in the 4-4-2.  The team are playing well, he's still playing well, but getting less chances.  Can't complain really.

Martins was a player with so much potential as a striker.

I quite liked him when he was here, I wouldn't mind seeing how he would have performed in our current side, not that I want him back.

Martins was a player with so much potential as a striker.

I quite liked him when he was here, I wouldn't mind seeing how he would have performed in our current side, not that I want him back.

Yeah. Agreed. Sometimes his pace was frightening, but he didn't use it enough.

His thighs though, fucking hell :lol:

He'll score tomorrow.

Christ I hope so..... 6 successive matches Ive had a fiver for him 1st scorer, including a very optimistic one for a hat-trick vs Stoke. I just know the week i walk past Ladbrokes, bang, 1st minute.

In fact, I'm doing it, just to tempt fate.

He'll score tomorrow.

Christ I hope so..... 6 successive matches Ive had a fiver for him 1st scorer, including a very optimistic one for a hat-trick vs Stoke. I just know the week i walk past Ladbrokes, bang, 1st minute.

FFS it's your fault!  :lol:

He'll score tomorrow.

Aye, guilty! I'll gladly forfeit this fiver win to get him back on form. Problem is, my jinx just moves onto the next unlucky b******. Sorry Hatem.

He'll score tomorrow.

Aye, guilty! I'll gladly forfeit this fiver win to get him back on form. Problem is, my jinx just moves onto the next unlucky b******. Sorry Hatem.

As long as you don't jinx that Williamson goal machine!