Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Free to sign elsewhere in Jan for the summer, suspect we'll try and bring that forward to get him off the wage bill.

Should be pushing all of then out who are in that situation, though they're going to be moving for less wages obviously so it'll be harder than it should be.

Image if we could get Willo, Obertan, Marv etc. off the books, Christ.

Nice in depth article today or not, basically saying he will get a chance to impress in the reserves again today. Not in the starting line up.

Apparently because we can only have three senior players in the reserve squad.

Wow, did not know that. That seems stupid. I don't mind having a bit of a limit like 5/6 but its the reserves not a actual youth team. Its there to bring players back from injury (or in our case re-injure them) and give squad members needing game time for fitness minutes.

What constitutes being a reserve? Out of 25 first teamers at least 11 of those are likely to be not playing and in need of the playing/fitness run out in the reserves.

Wow, did not know that. That seems stupid. I don't mind having a bit of a limit like 5/6 but its the reserves not a actual youth team. Its there to bring players back from injury (or in our case re-injure them) and give squad members needing game time for fitness minutes.

What constitutes being a reserve? Out of 25 first teamers at least 11 of those are likely to be not playing and in need of the playing/fitness run out in the reserves.

You can have 3 outfield players as well as a goalkeeper over 21, if I am remembering the rules for what was the Reserves in old money.

I personally don't agree with this new set up, but it's been that way for a couple of years. It does seem to weaken your squad somewhat though and it must be worrying that if you're a young lad with a load of established players in the first team, then it's Stenhouse Muir, Yeovil, Gateshead and the Benfield Motors 5 a side team for your future.

Have we got any young centre midfielders coming through except for bigi ? Would be handy if one could just pop up and do well.

Do we still count Bigi as one our young CM's? If he's not getting a look in with our current crop of underperforming CM's I don't think it's likely he's got a future here.

Don't get that at all, surely the whole point of reserves is to prepare people for the first team?

It's probably a poorly exercised effort to get players who aren't good enough to move down the leagues.

Shame it missed Colback & Dummett's youth careers...

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not the player to turn to when others are showing no heart or desire.

Based on what? Not having a go, genuinely curious.

It's been a long time, but from memory he was never an imposing player on the pitch. He was never inspirational, dynamic or game changing. He was mostly conservative but with some flair/skill in his locker. He didn't strike me as a person the rest of the team could look to in a leader and he seemed to me to be one who's head went down first when we were losing. Given he's hardly managed to coax any game time out of us for so long, I'd easily put money on him not ending up as the man to turn things around for us.