Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If we had gone into this season with Colo, Mbemba, Mbiwa, Taylor and Dummett, with Janmaat, Haidara and a new RB I don't actually think that would have been too far away from a top 6 pool of defenders, with the like of Lascalles as back up.

Mbiwa just never looked suited to this league unfortunately, granted he never got a long enough run.

Be mad to get rid of Colo imo.. not least because it would probably mean one of Saylor or Williamson staying. I think Colo still has alot to offer, the same could arguably have never been said about Saylor or Williamson. Ideally ship Williamson and Saylor out and keep Colo. Pool of Colo, Lascelles, Mbemba and another solid CB would be fine.

Colo should stay as back up to Mbemba and another new centre back, he is not first team sheet material any more due to his inconsistency. He is the best defender we have at bringing the ball out and we need to addess that when buyin another centre back i.e. has passing ability at other end of scal compared to Mike "hot potato" williamson

Hope this doesn't mean we are stuck with Iron Mike.

I can't see anybody wanting Williamson.

This seems to be the case although there was a mention of Leeds maybe being mad enough to want him.

Ryder suggesting he is on his way out, surely we have a replacement lined up, unless we wait till Thursday to see if Mbemba signs.

He of course will have a blinder against us if he signs for Palace.

Ryder suggesting he is on his way out, surely we have a replacement lined up, unless we wait till Thursday to see if Mbemba signs.

He of course will have a blinder against us if he signs for Palace.

Mitrovic vs Coloccini. COlo loves battles like that.

I'd be happy with a big lad, Mbemba, Dummett, Fist Pumps and the young lad in that order. Flog colo, shoot Williamson and then upgrade on Taylor next year. Seems simple enough.

Biggest issue is this regime buying what we need, not what might be a good deal. Mbemba might be good but he needs the right partner and that needs to be someone bigger with experience in a main league.