Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I have to say I do wonder this is why players do act like jerks often, when stuff they say when possibly drunk gets splurged all over the place when they thought it was a private conversation. Not to say Elliott wasn't being a total idiot with his comments but anyway.

It does seem to suggest there is something rotten in the dressing room. I fear it is the left-overs of that players committee that came in after relegation, that may have done well but now some seem to think they run the club, and are completely and totally wrong-headed about their own importance and quality and are essentially forcing out players of genuine quality. Pardew's lack of ambition and love of grafters over good players hasn't helped but actually puts it in a bit of a better light for him (not that he shouldn't be sacked and thrown in the tyne), he feels barely in control of the dressing room and feels he might lose if if he actually tries to win games (bloody hell it's come to this). Obviously his position is untenable in this situation except our owner does not care. Any decent manager needs to come in and clear our this dressing room clique and reward players who want to win games.

That's assuming the clique doesn't have Pardew at the very center of it. Judging by Elliot's comments, the dressing room is most likely divided between the English and the French with a few like Colo and Cisse flitting in between.

While this arrangement isn't anything out of the ordinary in most cases, the split probably became a hell lot more acrimonious when things started to go pear-shaped in the last couple seasons.

Been offline this evening?  Whats the latest in this storyline.

Next weekend they're meeting at the club again for a dance off, settle it once and for all.

If you've seen my Cadbury Boogie moves he doesn't stand a chance

Guest firetotheworks

The fat c***'s about as convincing at covering his tail as he covering his near post.

OHHHHHHHH!

Guest neesy111

Been offline this evening?  Whats the latest in this storyline.

Next weekend they're meeting at the club again for a dance off, settle it once and for all.

If you've seen my Cadbury Boogie moves he doesn't stand a chance

:lol:

Seriously if he said that and you have no reason to lie what is the problem with telling people.

And also he is a footballer for f*** sake why does he deserve some kind of right to hush this up.

Just confirms that the players live in this bubble where they can just take the p*ss.

Boo hoo if he is unhappy. 

If he made a racist comment would you want swept under the carpet?

I know its not as serious but if you grief Keegan around here what do you expect.

@rossgregory9 (Sports editor at the Shields Gazette)

Hearing that Rob Elliot is seriously not happy with today's claims. Feels there's a lot of embellishment and some plain untruths!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/coy.gif

Once acknowledgment that the club is aware of this and it comes from an editor, not even a writer, on twitter. No word directly from the club or Elliot confirms what we all know for a wider audience. This has been a thoroughly good time :lol: Well done Guv

Pardew a better manager than Keegan :lol: What a horrendous thing to say. Wasn't even at the club when Keegan was here so how the fuck would he have any idea as to whether the players had any respect for him? What an arse licker, of course he's going to back Pardew, the guy was a Charlton Athletic reserve keeper ffs, he'd be sitting on the bench at a lower league side if it wasn't for Pardew.

In fact, is that why Pardew bought him? Just to have a "friend" in the dressing room? It was always a strange transfer, signing a reserve from a mid table Championship side. It all starts to make sense now - Pardew is just a cunt who wants players with no ambition and who owe him just for playing at this level, as opposed to players with genuine talent who Pardew ought to be grateful for having.

Anyway, re: Ben Arfa, it shouldn't matter one bit if noone likes him (highly unlikely anyway). The club needs a talisman player to get behind, and it ought to be Ben Arfa in a position/role where he doesn't need to track back (right wing forward in a front 3). If he's given the opportunity to produce without ridiculous constraints such as "must stay back at all times to stop opposition fullback", and then fails, then sure, drop him. But drop him because the players don't like him and they want their mate to play who's about 1/10th as talented? Fuck off. They're professional footballers, not a bunch of lads who are there for a laugh - it shouldn't even be a factor that disliking someone personally equates to not wanting to play with them. Wankers.

TheGuv will be down the quayside this weekend about 3am, strolling along mortal, minding his own business.  A faint sound behind him and the briefest aroma of double cheeseburger and fries and it all goes dark....

TheGuv will be down the quayside this weekend about 3am, strolling along mortal, minding his own business.  A faint sound behind him and the briefest aroma of double cheeseburger and fries and it all goes dark....

A pleasure to meet you Guv

I don't think the atmosphere at the club has ever been this toxic while I've been supporting, and that's saying something given what we've been through over the years.

Dyer v Bowyer and the undermining of SBR jump out, but yeah, this is pretty bad...