Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I don't watch enough European football to suggest players we should be after from the continent. If we're being daft, from this division I'd have Adama Traore at the top of my list. Wilfred Ndidi and Dwight McNeil. Forwards-wise I'll have Dominic Calvert-Lewin please, he might turn into a star.

Will be interesting to see the type of signings we make. Can't see us just going out and getting world class players straight away. Think we might start picking up the "best of the rest" outside the top 6 kind of Premier League players

I don't watch enough European football to suggest players we should be after from the continent. If we're being daft, from this division I'd have Adama Traore at the top of my list. Wilfred Ndidi and Dwight McNeil. Forwards-wise I'll have Dominic Calvert-Lewin please, he might turn into a star.

Yes to all of these. We're not signing Sancho ffs. May as well try for Foden too at that rate.

For the amount you would spend on these - you can get some of the worlds elite from abroad possibly for the same price

Will be interesting to see the type of signings we make. Can't see us just going out and getting world class players straight away. Think we might start picking up the "best of the rest" outside the top 6 kind of Premier League players

Aye. Would take Grealish, Aarons, but can see us looking abroad for a lot of players in the coming window, whenever that is. Ndidi I love but would players at Leicester come here straight away, especially with probable CL football on the horizon? I doubt it, which is a shame as I'd love Ndidi here and really rate Maddison. Though would prefer Grealish to him.

What we don't want are these 30+ year olds where their only motivation for coming is to get one last big payday of Saudi money.

Would be made up with Willian - vastly underrated player who would add real quality for at least another two seasons.

I agree that old frees is probably not the model to go with, but this is a special case - and the very best transfer policies are case-by-case...

Agreed. We've tried that already, it didn't work out well. You get the odd moment of brilliance, but in general lethargic performances. The one positive thing about the current squad is that they work hard for each other. If we start getting in cheap past it players like we did with Duff, Butt, Smith, Geremi, Viduka, Campbell, Johnsen, Capcapa etc. Things won't be better on the field. There are exceptions of course, so it is a matter of evaluating the individual players personality like Benitez did to ensure we add quality on top of effort instead of replacing one for the other. Willian seems like a good shout in that regard.

Agree wholeheartedly with these views. One or two experienced players in the right positions would be fine, but the core of the team needs to be lean and hungry.

Nah. No spice boys. I'd take Doucoure and McGinn.

Doucoure is good shout because I remember Man City's first step was to buy their rivals' best players (Lescott, Barry, Santa Cruz, Given etc).

Until we can attract the elite, let's go for Doucoure, Ruben Neves, Chilwell etc. Not Grealish though because he seems like a twat.

Doucoure is good shout because I remember Man City's first step was to buy their rivals' best players (Lescott, Barry, Santa Cruz, Given etc).

Until we can attract the elite, let's go for Doucoure, Ruben Neves, Chilwell etc. Not Grealish though because he seems like a twat.

Doucoure and Samoure from Lille would be ideal

Then we can have Longstaff and Shortstaff too

An example of what happened re:Lescott,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8216645.stm

There you have City going out to get a top English centre back at the time. So in today's market are some of us actually claiming we will be able to look at the England centre backs, let's say Gomes and Stones?

City signed plenty of stars and a handful of England internationals Lescott,Bridge,Barry,Johnson, I cant see us emulating that. It will be impossible to sign four current England internationals plus the likes of Kolo Toure,Teves,Kompany, Vieira,Zabaleta.

I don't believe we will be able to sign the equivalent English internationals in the current football climate.

If we can, give me four names.(Of the equivalent of the four city signed)

For the amount you would spend on these - you can get some of the worlds elite from abroad possibly for the same price

Without a doubt. The PL market is hardly one where you're going to find value for money.

Assume Sane wants to go back to Germany? Bet we could afford him.

#nothappening

Love Sane like, but if they can't keep him at City, he must be ready to move back to the continent.

Nebil Fekir is a name I reckon we should be linked with too. Heavily linked with Liverpool over the past few years, and as far as I know, more than willing to leave his current club. Would fit the no.10 role perfectly.