Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Good to hear this from Pardew today, is he finally having an epiphany???

“This guy Ben Arfa is exceptional. I don’t want our fans to start thinking I don’t think this is a good player.”  “He is special and we have got to get him on the pitch.”

“I’ve got to find a way of getting him on the pitch to play like that, because that was his best 45 minutes.”  “We’ve got 11 games to go and he can cause some real damage. He was the big difference between the sides in terms of the technical quality.” 

It's not massively complicated you dildo, just write his fucking name on that teamsheet that you give the ref an hour before kick off.

And then repeat that for the rest of the season, even if he has games where he "loses teh ball!!" now and then.

Obertan was getting in the team every week because you don't dream of interrupting such a run of fantastic performances. :lol:

Aye the situations are identical. Ben Arfas competition is coming back from a year out & both are marked down for long term positions upfront and not on the wing as he was at that time. Raylors position also hasnt changed adding further options for a player not performing on that wing. Nowt different atall.

Obertan was getting in the team every week because you don't dream of interrupting such a run of fantastic performances. :lol:

16 league starts in a row, fitness permitting. turd in most of those as well.

Guest optimistic nit

“This guy Ben Arfa is exceptional. I don’t want our fans to start thinking I don’t think this is a good player.”  “He is special and we have got to get him on the pitch.”

“I’ve got to find a way of getting him on the pitch to play like that, because that was his best 45 minutes.”  “We’ve got 11 games to go and he can cause some real damage. He was the big difference between the sides in terms of the technical quality.” 

It's not massively complicated you dildo, just write his fucking name on that teamsheet that you give the ref an hour before kick off.

And then repeat that for the rest of the season, even if he has games where he "loses teh ball!!" now and then.

:lol:

To be fair, I think Deschamps said he found it difficult to get a full 90 minutes out of Ben Arfa. I don't know if it was a fitness or a concentration issue.

For a player like Ben Arfa, it's more difficult to have an impact right from the start of a game, when the pace of the game is at its height and there's less space in which to operate. Pardew hasn't quite trusted Ben Arfa to perform in that situation just yet. He may be about to give him another chance.

This lad HAS to play, simple as that. It was brilliant to see the mood around me in the ground change. It went from "Pass it man!!!", to simply "GO ON BEN ARFA LAD, SKIN EM AGAIN!!!". Idiots :lol:

Just give him the rest of the season. Let him have a couple of bad games. Let him loose the ball a few times. Because for every bad game and every time he looses the ball, you know he will offer you so much more going forward than anyone else available in that position.

Its not like Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas dont have bad games either.

Give him the 11 games remaining and save his nufc career for next year.

Just give him the rest of the season. Let him have a couple of bad games. Let him loose the ball a few times. Because for every bad game and every time he looses the ball, you know he will offer you so much more going forward than anyone else available in that position.

Agree with this

Agree with this

me too, give him his chance now and tell him he's in the starting 11 next year if he takes it, which he will. we've just secured Colo and Krul for the long term and things are looking up, we're likely to finish in European spots, he'll want to stay and be part of it if he's gonna actually get a game!

I've given Ben Arfa a fair bit of stick so I think it's only fair to say I thought he had his best 45 minutes for us yesterday. If he can consistently perform like that then he deserves to be in the team.

Guest hatem garrincha

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA: Att 3 | On target 1 | Passes 24/26 | Att 3rd 12/14 | Crosses 2 | Take ons 7/10 | Corners 1/1 #nufc #magician

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

HBA completed 7 of his attempted 10 take ons today - next best was McLean with 2/6 #nufc

NUFC_Stats ‏ @NUFC_Stats

Despite only playing 1 half, Hatem Ben Arfa made the same number of successful passes (24) as SAFC's top 2 passers (Gard & Bard) #nufc

Pretty much his first touch of the ball forced a corner. As Elliotman says, just give him a run out. He has the pace and cutting edge to tear a fullback apart and get to the byline of cut in and unleash fierce crosses and shots.

A couple of the things he did yesterday were outrageous and I'm hoping from the quotes Pardew came out with that he's finally realised he's just simply got to persist with him. He opens the pitch up so much man, it's not rocket science. Cabaye/Tiote immediately had more room to operate because they were stretched and it put far more pressure on the Sunderland because they were suddenly having to defend two flanks no just senseless narrow play with hoof ball lobs up to the front two.