Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Wouldn't mind James perch in return...

Make it happen!

Chuck in Smith and Lovenkrands too and it'd actually be a pretty good deal for them.  All three could probably still do a job in the championship.

How are they ever going to be able to afford Smith's wages..?

Wouldn't mind James perch in return...

Make it happen!

Chuck in Smith and Lovenkrands too and it'd actually be a pretty good deal for them.  All three could probably still do a job in the championship.

How are they ever going to be able to afford Smith's wages..?

Pay him in Pesos, he wont notice.

So he's got pace, but not the tallest chap (presumably not fantastic aerially?) from consensus verdict.

Sounds like he'd be a good upgrade on Williamson. That is, if you could literally schmeld them together and add their composite strengths to eliminate the other defender's weaknesses. A body if nothing else. We need a fourth centre back. I'll take anyone who is actually a centre back at this point :lol: Not on a five-and-a-halfer, as per usual with the regime, but in the interim while we've only got two fit (trusted) CBs in the whole squad!

vs Stoke-  Willicini

vs WBA/Fulham- Colofappi

You know I don't think these lowball bids are just a cheeky way of providing the illusion "we tried", they're just how those jerks operate.  Always going to be haggling. 

It's probably how most clubs operate tbf, not many negotiations start 'Okay, here's exactly the amount that would satisfy you, in fact have a few hundred thousand more to sweeten the deal'  :D

It was never going to be accepted but we have confirmed our interest and the player now knows. Also if they have a price in mind and we go in that low it might bring the compromise price down a bit :dontknow:

You know I don't think these lowball bids are just a cheeky way of providing the illusion "we tried", they're just how those jerks operate.  Always going to be haggling. 

It's probably how most clubs operate tbf, not many negotiations start 'Okay, here's exactly the amount that would satisfy you, in fact have a few hundred thousand more to sweeten the deal'  :D

It was never going to be accepted but we have confirmed our interest and the player now knows. Also if they have a price in mind and we go in that low it might bring the compromise price down a bit :dontknow:

Aye I just mean the uncharitable/cynical view that the bid is only intended to be turned down to provide the illusion of activity. 

Would have thought a top tier CD was in order, not wanting to squander our league position.

Doesn't seem to be much value.

I mean, Carr has a great scouting record, but bargain CBs are probably the hardest find I can think of - diamond-in-the-rough strikers are everywhere, same with full-backs, wingers and CMs, but CBs are difficult buys. If they're established, they're very expensive (and the supply side is slacking far behind the demand). If they're promising, they're young and dropping the odd clanger and no one in football has the patience for them.

Going abroad is probably tricky in this respect too. Asking CBs to adapt to the Premier League while facing Aguero and RVP one week, then getting seven bells knocked out of you at Stoke, then chasing after fucking Odemwingie :lol: Tough transition.

So he's got pace, but not the tallest chap (presumably not fantastic aerially?) from consensus verdict.

Sounds like he'd be a good upgrade on Williamson. That is, if you could literally schmeld them together and add their composite strengths to eliminate the other defender's weaknesses. A body if nothing else. We need a fourth centre back. I'll take anyone who is actually a centre back at this point :lol: Not on a five-and-a-halfer, as per usual with the regime, but in the interim while we've only got two fit (trusted) CBs in the whole squad!

vs Stoke-  Willicini

vs WBA/Fulham- Colofappi

Would be a good plan really.