sunderland

JH

Pretty much not worthy of a post :lol: but I didn't realise Sessegnon was 29. Thought he was a lot younger.

That's a Benin 29, could be 5-10 years higher in either direction.

Really, though he's a late bloomer. No one outside of France will have heard of him until he was at PSG, and he was 25-26 by this point.

Guest Craig-NUFC

SUNDERLAND’S summer restructuring is in full swing after the club announced the appointment of Roberto De Fanti as director of football.

De Fanti’s appointment has been mooted for some time, but the Black Cats have now officially confirmed that the deal is over the line.

The Wearsiders have also announced that Valentino Angeloni is the club’s new chief scout, and in an unusual move, the club has confirmed that players Valentin Roberge, Modibo Diakite and Adilson Tavares Varela (Cabral) will make the move to the Stadium of Light next month.

De Fanti, who has many years of experience in football, has worked closely with Angeloni on player recruitment at both Udinese and Inter Milan, and has an extensive network of contacts throughout the game. He also assisted with the appointment of the Club’s Head Coach.

Angeloni took up a scouting role with Torino in 2007, after the end of his playing career, which saw him make over 350 appearances in professional football. He then went on to spend four years with Udinese as part of their technical set up. During his time at the Italian club he discovered players such as Barcelona’s Alexis Sanchez, who he signed as a 17 year old.

He was appointed as FC Internazionale’s head of scouting in March 2012.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Diakite is a good signing for them especially on a free, very strong and good in the air, cabral is shit and well havn't ever seen the other guy play much at all so can't comment.

There is someone who parks two cars down from me at work, who has the license plate "MACKEM 1". Now I hasten to add, I live in a relatively obscure city in Ohio. My accent (English with a hint of Strine) is considered wildly exotic, so it is distinctly possible this has nothing to do with Sunderland. I am tempted to leave a note on his/her car to enquire about it's provenance - what would you like me to put?

There is someone who parks two cars down from me at work, who has the license plate "MACKEM 1". Now I hasten to add, I live in a relatively obscure city in Ohio. My accent (English with a hint of Strine) is considered wildly exotic, so it is distinctly possible this has nothing to do with Sunderland. I am tempted to leave a note on his/her car to enquire about it's provenance - what would you like me to put?

'Watch your letterbox marra'

Key it down the side and up on the bonnet to the note 'these were my keys after all'

I think it was obvious since Di Canio was appointed as Head Coach that they would be going down this route. Especially due to the amount of money wasted by players under O'Neill.

Looks like its not just football where we're both seemingly in a race to the bottom if these depressing statistics are anything to go by:

Out of 150 local authorities, Sunderland ranks 136th for early deaths from cancer, 133rd for lung cancer, 117th for liver disease, and 116th for heart attacks and strokes.

The city is the worst placed in a poor showing for the North East, with Newcastle ranked 103rd.

GERRIN! NORTH-EAST TOP DEAD DOGS!!

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/health/sunderland-among-worse-cities-in-early-death-league-table-1-5755053

Looks like its not just football where we're both seemingly in a race to the bottom if these depressing statistics are anything to go by:

Out of 150 local authorities, Sunderland ranks 136th for early deaths from cancer, 133rd for lung cancer, 117th for liver disease, and 116th for heart attacks and strokes.

The city is the worst placed in a poor showing for the North East, with Newcastle ranked 103rd.

GERRIN! NORTH-EAST TOP DEAD DOGS!!

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/health/sunderland-among-worse-cities-in-early-death-league-table-1-5755053

:lol: