sunderland

JH

You've got to take heart from the fact that we'd be 3rd in the league, with a game in hand and superior goal difference over Newcastle had it begun on O'neill's arrival. Look forward to next season, when we can really begin to challenge!

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=689496#ixzz1rHlAtbMW

It's impressive how they always find something. It can never be accepted that we simply have a better team.

Proper resourceful bunch of spackers.

A

You've got to take heart from the fact that we'd be 3rd in the league, with a game in hand and superior goal difference over Newcastle had it begun on O'neill's arrival. Look forward to next season, when we can really begin to challenge!

Where would we be in the league then? Currently they are further behind now than when they were when super MONg took over.

Going off that logic if the Premier League started and finished today we're the Champions.

NETD!1111!!110.2341!!!!

Guest Paxton

RTG has it's fair few of knackers, I'm a regular poster on there.

As for our recent form, you cannot deny that Martin O'Neill is a bloody good football manager. Relegation candidates at Christmas, look how quickly he's turned it around with virtually no new players.

As for our recent form, you cannot deny that Martin O'Neill is a bloody good football manager. Relegation candidates at Christmas, look how quickly he's turned it around with virtually no new players.

That'll be your problem though, just wait till he gets some new players in. ;)

He's a great motivator, but he has a tendency to repeat his own mistakes and once his teams reach a certain point, they stagnate and the fans get restless.

Time will tell. He's done very well so far.

He's a great motivator, but he has a tendency to repeat his own mistakes and once his teams reach a certain point, they stagnate and the fans get restless.

Time will tell. He's done very well so far.

once the players realise hes reapeating the same go get em tripe every week and stop listening

The club should be scouting abroad for 2 strikers now, we have money to spend.

You're in for a big shock. :lol:

That'll be your problem though, just wait till he gets some new players in. ;)

He'll take a blowtorch to the transfer window, strip it bare and set it on fire. The only thing that'll burn brighter in Sunderland is White crosses.

He's great for a short term boost, definitely, but whether he can sustain this season's form over a longer period is pretty doubtful imo, especially with Sessegnon supposedly off in the summer. I think he's too limited in the transfer market and too old-fashioned and rigid in his footballing approach (reliance on a team of 11 and a tendency to neglect squad players; strong emphasis on counter-attacking football that can leave his sides vulnerable at home when the onus is on them to attack - see Everton) to push Sunderland beyond the likes of Everton and Fulham personally.

Guest Paxton

Yeah O'Neil has done a fine job. His transfer policy may be another matter based on his history, but doing very well.

The 'shit' players that O'Neill brought in got Villa 3 consecutive top 6 finishes, and European football.

I'll take that.

Guest Paxton

The club should be scouting abroad for 2 strikers now, we have money to spend.

You're in for a big shock. :lol:

If you had read my reasoning behind that post, the majority of our fans want Stephen Fucking Fletcher as Bent's replacement.