sunderland

JH

:lol:  that mong at the start with his nissan bluebird. :lol:

'88 Bluebirds were all rage a couple of year ago man.

Film about Sunderland, better mention Newcastle first.(there's a meme in that)

:lol:  that mong at the start with his nissan bluebird. :lol:

'88 Bluebirds were all rage a couple of decades ago man.

Film about Sunderland, better mention Newcastle first.(there's a meme in that)

fixed

So many football clip violations man :lol:

Also, forgot even Luque scored against the mackems, brilliant :lol:

Luque goals should probably be worth 7 normal goals. 10-1 FIOS.

:lol: :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

"In 1975, Gary spent a week hitch-hiking to Spain to watch Sunderland play pre-season friendlies - only to find out at the Spanish border that the tour had been cancelled."

:lol: Get in.

:lol:

Find it funny, that they associate themselves with Athletic purely because of the red and white.

They have absolutely fuck all else in common with them...infact I'm sure Athletic and Newcastle famously in European competition not so long back...with a friendly pitch invasion by Athletic fans to applaud our lot.

Mackems. Not only fuckwits, but clueless fuckwits too.

Find it funny, that they associate themselves with Athletic purely because of the red and white.

They have absolutely f*** all else in common with them...infact I'm sure Athletic and Newcastle famously in European competition not so long back...with a friendly pitch invasion by Athletic fans to applaud our lot.

Mackems. Not only fuckwits, but clueless fuckwits too.

if you mean athletic bilbao they were actually founded by a mackem and that is why they wear red and white stripes.

edit.. on reading wiki, if it's to be believed this is only partially true.

Not sure macums actually had anything to do with the origins of Athletic although the story about a shipyard worker lending them a set of R & W strips does have some credibility.

I can think of no Spanish club more like Newcastle than Athletic and the two cities have a lot in common too. Proud people who embrace a regional identity, similar industrial backgrounds and stunning riverside centres - they even have a Millenium Bridge just like ours. Impressive city centres with great atmospheric bars and restaurants, stadiums with a central "cathedral" like feel and football clubs which are at the heart of the region and local culture. Athletic fans still talk very fondly of the games they played against NUFC.

I'd struggle to think of any Spanish city which had anything in commom with Sunderland, La Linea next to Gibraltar possibly as it has a rather "crimial frontier outpost" feel about it , but apart from that I think Albania may be a better place to compare it to.